Stuck in conversation with the charlatan

Next time when you encounter a speech loop, try to press the skip conversation button very rapidly.

Still broken in 1.3

i tried to stun him then went to sleep for one hour and after i spoke with him and it works

I have the same/similar problem,
I meet the charlatan at his home to hand over the shroud, choose talk and although the camera changes view no dialogue options appear and I have to crash the game and relaod. I’m hoping I can continue the quest after the next bug patch.
Just thought I’d keep this bug thread alive

Still an issue on latest version 1.3.4

same issue on ps4 latest patch. posting for the devs. hopefully a fix soon

Same problem here (v. 1.4.3). Whenever I try to talk to the charlatan to give him the schrood, dialogue options don’t load and I am stuck with a mute charlatan just bobling his head. There no possibility to access the menu and there is no “goodbye” command available in the console to force closing the dialogue.

This is not the sort of bug you can afford in a game with limited saving capabilities.

Closing Urbain’s quest first (“Saintes Reliques” in french) by showing him the bowl solved the crisis. I still don’t understand how these two quests relate but at least I’m done with them now.