Suggestion new weapons

I would like to see in the game Flail, The ball-and-chain flail, Cestus.
Is it possible for the weapon to appear in game?

Flail(excerpt from wikipedia)
The longer cylindrical-headed flail is a hand weapon derived from the agricultural tool of the same name, commonly used in threshing. It was primarily considered a peasant’s weapon, and while not common, they were deployed in Germany and Central Europe in the later Late Middle Ages.

The ball-and-chain flail
is a shorter weapon consisting of a wooden haft connected by a chain, rope, or leather to one or more roughly spherical striking ends.

Cestus(weapons for hand-to-hand combat)
Cestus%201

I don’t imagine the Cestus would be a worthwhile weapon. I could see unarmed getting a bonus depending on hand-armor however. After all, the idea of punching some-one bare-knuckle is one thing, with the heavy weight of chain-mail or plate armor behind that fist however, it could and was far more devastating a blow.

Flails would be tricky to implement as well. Implementing a weapon constantly in motion (and penalties for it) might prove a challenge. Not to mention implementing the rather random nature of the weapon.

Only thing I could think of off hand is that the weapon would randomly shift between angles of attack.

Interesting. I think that the introduction of different types of crossbows would be cool. We have yet to see a video game that shows crossbows in a video game portrayed accurately and if any studio is up to the challenge I think its Warhorse!

it come about 15 years after KCD… it was hussite weapon if I remember right from the school.

Rather than more weapons, I’d rather see a skill added, or implemted that would allow me to use a misericorde in my left hand and whatever you like in the right. Thereby being able to close in and bind an assailant with my right hand weapon, and use the misericorde through the head armour slit ot holes. Would have to be a high ranking skill that would take an age to master, but what fun could be had when dealing with heavily armoured foe’s.

1 Like

I want to see crossbows, lances, and equitable daggers added to the game at some point.

1 Like

Taken from wikipedia: “The smaller, more spherical-headed flail appears to be even less common; it appears occasionally in artwork from the 15th century onward, but many historians have expressed doubts that it ever saw use as an actual military weapon.

You can go read up about the Flail, but there’s a pretty strong debate saying that it never even was a weapon, maces, clubs and alike are real, but flail is very debatable.

1 Like

I would like to see some type XIII sword varients. They were common for a long time just before the setting of the story so youd expect to see at least a few. I know that with plate armor come pointy swords, but most opponents are still wearing mostly chain or lighter, meaning broad bold shearing blades would still serve a purpose.

I’d like to see a wooden training sword added so you can’t kill everyone in one shot?

Failing that an ak47 so I can pretend I’ve gone back in time and become the most powerful one man army the would has ever seen…

2 Likes

I love to see this reverse falchion added to KCD

And i guess this reversed edged falchion is also lore friendly

The flail was rarely used by foot solders, but was used to some extent by Calvary. A lance was typically lost after the first pass but a flail could be used repeatedly to great effect.