Sword training

At the start of the beta game we are given the quest to find Reeky then advised to find the military camp to do a bit of sword training.
As a new player i thought this was a good idea,so off i went to find the military camp and the training instructor which i found, i asked the training instructor if he could teach me the art of swordplay,he agreed but it would cost me some money,
we entered the arena and the teaching went well but the quest was not complete so i asked to do some sword fights which again i was allowed to do,i entered the arena to face my opponent half way through the fight everyone including the instructor attacked me, i was defending myself against 5+ opponents who eventually killed me. (is this a bug)
surely this is not supposed to happen,or did i do something wrong in the arena.

You might have hit someone outside the arena, or been so close to the barrier you were counted as outside the barrier with a drawn weapon. The same thing can happen with the archery range if you fumble an arrow so it lands at your feet (inside the camp rather than in the archery range), as well as if you are persistent at bumping into people or stealing inside the camp boundary (especially the hard locked chest which they really dislike you fiddling with).

Personally I dislike the training area for practising combat ~ once you have done the tutorial at least once I wouldn’t recommend continuing unless you want to revisit the tutorial… the frame rates are lower here in the unoptimised beta than is desirable and there are bugs which can get you killed. Instead I go hunting Cumans in the woods (the pair at the commissary cross en route from Woodcutter to Reeky’s hideout respawn so can be used for routine practice, and there is no shortage of enemies in the woods and at the enemy camp for you to play with (though picking them off one or two at a time is more sensible than aggro-ing the whole bunch at once)).

1 Like

Hi there Lieste,Ill take your advice and leave the sword training area and do a bit of hunting Cumans by taking out the pair on route to the cave Reeky is in,i have’nt been to the enemy camp yet but when i do ill try to take them out one or two at a time as you advise.
Thanks for the info Lieste its been very helpful.