"Take screenshot" key

Is there a dedicated key (or is there one planned to be?) that one can press and a screenshot is automatically saved in some folder inside the program directory or in the user profile? Could be really useful to screen the issues of the beta.

I know nothing about such feature.
I use Fraps to capture screenshots and video.

Steam users can press F12 for instant screenshot when running the game in steam.

1 Like

Non Steam users can also press F12 :wink:
You’ll find the Screenshots in the KCD game folder btw.

3 Likes

Thus far, I am a bit perturbed with using Steam. Granted, I have never used it before, and only downloaded it because my KCD code I received in my email was a Steam code. KCD is the only game I have on Steam. When I use F12 to catch a screenshot, it is saved in Steam, and tried to “upload” the screenshot, but it only allowed me to upload it to “Steam Cloud” (or maybe I just don’t know how) but I want my screenshots saved on my computer so I can use them for backgrounds or whatever I want. Selecting a SS and right clicking gave me a “copy” option but did not allow me to “paste” the shot in a folder on my computer (“paste” was greyed out). If Steam is going to limit me in this way, I do not want to use it for KCD at all. I do not like restrictions! Am I missing something here?

Check:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\user_kingdomcome\screenshots

:smile:

1 Like

By golly, they are there! Thanks Blacksmith!

I hate Steam. I hope the game will be available as a standalone.

1 Like

Me too, ilya, and I think it will be available as stand alone, based on a few comments I have seen, but I do not know for sure. I do plan to upgrade my pledge as soon as I can afford to, and I hope to be able to change my game to stand alone at that time, maybe by buying another copy, but hate to lose my “history” of having pledged early on during the Kickstarter campaign.

I sure wish we could toggle a third person view for screenshots as well, but I was able to ‘snap’ this one immediately following harvesting:

I wouldn’t use TPV for fighting, but it would be awesome for screen shots, where we could capture and utilize this true art more effectively.

Also, anyone know how to toggle off the UI, hopefully without having to use ‘console’ as I do not really know how to use console commands very well.

There is no other way to disable HUD at this time other then the console.

You open the console using the tilde key. On most systems you can find the tilde key (~) on the upper left hand of the key board.

G_SHOWHUD 0 is disabled 1 is enabled.

1 Like

Wh_ui_showhealthbar 0
and
Wh_ui_showcompass 0
also work, even though they come back when you switch to map or iventory

1 Like

Why do you hate steam? You can play offline, and its a great place to make friends, and join with others you meet in games. I have a lot of steam friends who i can chat text and vocal with while we play. I see its also a bit obnoxious, but you have options and lots of freedom, such as returning games to earlier versions, showing off your stuff, I dont use it much, but I have come to like it, an i hate when things become commercialized. but Steam has a lot of good behind the glitter.

Well, yes, you’re right. I had to stick to it because of KCD and then I realized that Steam has changed a lot since the moment I first encountered it. Presently, it looks like a really convenient platform to me.

I have KCD installed through steam but on a different hard drive to operating system.

Can’t find screenshot folder anywhere when using print screen like in other games.

Any idea where it is?