Talmberg Horse Race quest does not finish

I arrived to the end of the race way ahead of everyone, but nothing is happening. When the other riders come next to me, they win, and the quest is failed. The marker is on the spot where I am, and the quest description says I should go back to the start. And in fact the compass shows that I am in the designated area, but no matter how much I move around, nothing happens. Picking a fight with Divish (aimed bow at him) and yielding doesn’t help.

The quest log has these entries in it after the quest fails and after I speak to Sir Divish, among others, in that order:

I won! I am the champion of the famed Talmberg Races!

Unfortunately I didn’t do very well in the race. […]

This is on version 1.2 (PC).

U can finish the race with any horse but u have to go back to their sables and get on the horse u brought from Neuhof and go back to the start…

1 Like

Being able to start the race with a horse other than what is required for the quest is wrong, sounds like a bug, and is bad for roleplayuing. But thank you very much for this clarification. How, it appears, my problem is that I don’t know where that horse is

That horse is I neohof. The grey one Zora gives you.

Names are all spelt assways but you get my drift.

I won with her horse then , ahemm went hunting after winning and left the horse somewhere and could remember where. Went back to neohof to Zora and finished the quest (it said I needed to return the horse she gave me but lucky I didn’t coz he I a wood somewhere) she gives you a reward this is bugged I believe and you don’t actually receive it.

So, I realized why I must have lost Zora’s horse. My horse looks identical to Zora’s. I re-loaded the save at the stables, saddled Zora’s horse, made the deal with Divish, and then went to Uzhitz to complete a side-quest (the one where you shag a boar :wink: ) - the same side-quest I had completed in the save line where I lost the horse. On the road I had an encounter with 2 cumans, which now lay in the dust.

After stealthily dispatching the Cumans, I wistled, and the horse came to me. But not Zora’s horse; Pebbles did! And they look identical, at least in my playthrough. So, I bet that the same thing happened last time, only I hadn’t noticed that I’m riding the wrong horse.

1 Like

Bahahahahahaha

Mines a white stallion with armor and swag.

1 Like

Okay.
No bug, just a mix-up… :grinning:
Time to close!