Talmberg Hunstman Home Personal Storage Chest

Had this freaking Bug to. All of my loot was lost. Only one Inn Chest holds my Stuff after trying all the Gameworld Chests. Put the Most Important Things in Your Horse Bag. I had also the Problem thats Chests always cahnge the Stuff inside. Once there where everything lost and some Dresses ive never collected stay inside. After restarting the Game my own Stuff returns. Crazy shit. Also many Chests hold single Stuff but not the whole Bunch of Loot i collected.

Are you on patch 1.4.1? Maybe this was patched in the new update?

I have never had a personal chest at the huntsman’s lodge, not since launch. I am doing the quest again now, so will post shortly if it seems to be fixed with 1.4.1 or not.

EDIT: Well that was a massive pain in the ass. The quest kept bugging and Hare would never say the part about someone rating them out, so the quest would never update to say to meet him at the mine hideout. Hare would go there, but if I talked to him and tried to continue the quest, I would be wanted for murder as soon as I stepped foot in Talmberg.
All 4 guards died in the clearing each time I tried, so I was not suppose to get charged with anything. It took 6 tries to get that part of the quest to trigger, so it would update properly, and I wouldn’t get charged with killing the guards.
Once I got the quest to work right though, I went to the lodge, and the personal chest is there, and working. It is the big chest in the living room, not the little one upstairs.

Now if they would just fix the chest in the room where the bed is. It seems really stupid for all of the stuff in it to be considered stolen, after Nicolas is gone, and a wanted fugitive.

2 Likes

My house did not have a bed. Lol, It has a shiity hay… That one? I see his chest still has a lot of Bows and Arrows though

Yeah, the bed is just a pallet on the floor, but you can sleep and save there, that’s what I meant by a bed lol.

1 Like

There’s a personal chest in Talmberg? Where?

Other than the one at the inn, there is a quest to become the Talmberg huntsman. Once you complete that, you get the huntsman’s lodge as your personal house. You get access to 3 chests there, one of which is your personal one, with all your stuff that is shared across all chests. Two of the others, you can use at will, nothing you take from them is labeled stolen. Then stupidly there is a 4th chest in the house, full of a lot of stuff, but it is all stolen if you take it, even though it is your house lol.

None of the chest of my gear in it. lol

Mine never did until after 1.4.1, that is the first time it ever worked lol. If you are on console, and don’t have the latest updates, then that is why it isn’t working. if you are on PC, that means it is still buggy, or it is due to how 1.4 corrupted saves.

Even after 1.4…no chest in the huntsman home works as storage. I’ve given up on it.

Just went to put some read books into my chest at the Sasau inn, and it’s completely empty. Is this the same bug that happened to the OP? I too completed the huntsman quest about 12 hours of gameplay earlier. Talmberg chest worked if I remember, but now Sasau one is devoid of the hundreds of saved items I had been saving.

The empty chest bug has been there since launch. Once you become the huntsman, it will happen. Usually quitting the game, and just waiting a bit, then logging back in fixes it, but not always.

It can happen to any of your storage chests, and I have even had the one in my room in Pirkstein end up with the clothes of the servants, instead of my stuff, in it. That one lasted for days. Then one day I logged in and it was back to normal.

1 Like

That never ever happened to me with any other personal chest. Just with the one in Talmberg.

Yeah, I just restart the game, and it “fixes” it for about 3-4 in game days. But I get it for almost every chest I own in the game, after a certain amount of time after the last game restart.