Thanks to Warhorse Studios

Playing the game now for 96 hours in my first runthrough with 122 ingame days.
Playing on PC with this Specs:
ASRock Z97 Extreme, i4790k, GTX980, Acer XB280HK 4k Gsync, 512 GB SSD.
Play it in 2k 2560x1440 with settings high, 2xAA, distances all max.
I had 1 (one) CTD, there is one bug and a few glitches so far, nothing what could
ruin the fun I have. Was there a gamestopper? Not at all. Does it run smooth?
It does, Gsync doesn’t care for high FPS, so I can run it with 25-38FPS with
no stuttering, no tearing. I am more than satiesfied with what I got.

I will speak only for myself and my experience in this post,
I will not care about problems other players have or think to have:

I confess, I got addicted to this game.
It meets what I wanted to have since I was a child long ago (59yrs now).
I wanted to have this woods, castles, and the villages.
And here it is, made with so much dedication and love that I cannot get enough
of misusing this RPG as a walking Sim. Wandering through this scenery I have not seen
a single place where I had the feeling: hey, thats just random, or: I have seen this before.
Its stunning.

As its the first RPG I play I had to do some homework before I started to play. Had and have to understand what all the terms (Perks, Buffs etc) means. Then I got into it, after a while I realized that I can play it in the way I want to do it. And so I do.
I play it as a archer, have level 17, mostly on horse (riding Level 19). Main perk is 15.
So I go out into the woods, maybe for hunting bandits and Cumans or to simply enjoy the immersion. I do not care much for the mainquest anymore, atm I am at “all what glitters” (or so, I play german, so I do not know the english titles, sorry). I will proceed when I want to. Sidequests I take when they sound interesting, otherwise I skip them. I do no Alchemy, Herbs, Farkle, thats not my thing. Maybe later or in second, third runthrough. At the moment I love wht I can do in the game, and it gives me the freedom of choice to do so.

And for this and the stunning graphics, landscape and a lot of other fun in the game
I want to thank the Devs. You made a game I can enjoy so much. Thanks for this.

10 Likes

IT is a very good game.

A couple of CTDs, 1 blue screen.

ALL THAT SAID, I still fell lucky, other people have it even worse!

Seems you misunderstood my post: I do not have troubles. I enjoy the game. Troublefree.
Troubles I have with my boss, he doesn’t pay well. And so on.
Btw, here is not the “report your Bugs” Section.

5 Likes

It’s the best game since the Gothic series. I would say it’s different, but at one level with Risen and Elex.

1 Like

I have a very similar experience. Started the game (on pc of course) with 1.4.1 and now on 1.4.2. After 60+ hours I have had 1 (one) ctd, 1 bug right at the start of the game when fleeing on the horse from skalitz. since then I play without any gamebreaking problems.

I feel similar like you: I very often stop in the woods or on the fields and admire the scenery. I play pc games since 1996 (now I’m 45 years old) and the love to the detail in a pc game I didn’t see before in any game.
Note that i’m polish, so I should now write something like: witcher 3 is better or so…but no. I like this game exactly because of the lack of any magical powers and dragons or monsters.

Played Bohemia interactive games since 2001 (Operation Flashpoint and ArmA series) and it’s incredible that Victor Bocan is involved in another game I like so much. After 18 years again!
Czech Republic is having some awesome studios right now!

So, coming back to the title of this topic, thank you Warhorse Studios!

4 Likes

Big Arma fan too…kudos to Victor.

The game has been fun. I don’t know how long I have left in main campaign. definitely getting my money’s worth.yeah has issues, Looking forward to the new patch on PS4. Then might get on pc and do second play through in 1440p get to see the goodness games got.

Definitely going to pick up the expansion or what ever they do. Expecting big things from the studio going forward.

1 Like

Cuman killer (perk) is quasi magical in its effect (akin to racial buffs/debuffs in Skyrim and other games). Other than that, agree 100%

What’s next? Without more modding support, how much playthrough is left for you?

Freimedieval, whats next: to play as a swordfighter. And/or with axe, mace.
Until I was too lazy to do a excessive training with Bernard, something I really would need … and as I could not get along with this sword key-mechanics until I leave it for this runthrough. So I do the quests and some bandits hunting with bow only and now from horse when possible. Have 174 kills with 14 headshots until.

Another approach would be to do herb picking, sell the stuff and waste my money on the bathhouse ladies then. Or to become a poacher and waste my money … you know.

Lots of variety seems left for you … I have 2k kills. 60% as horse archer. Could benefit from more content

Thank you WarHorse. Every now and then a game comes along that takes me to another place. A place of beauty, adventure, laughter and more. I’ve now had several weeks worth of vacation in an amazing place full of interesting people, all for just 60 dollars. That’s what I call value. Thanks again, I look forward to what comes next.

1 Like

frelmedieval, where are they all? I sneak through the woods for hours, but even the camps are empty sometimes. Or only one guy is there. btw, I have this “cumans slaugheterer” perk, got it when I did the “clear the bandit and cuman camps” sidequest. Seems they fear me so much now, they run away when they face me. And then I do not find them anymore.

Just for fun I sneaked into the bandit camp below the Skalitz castle and killed them all. When i was there for the first time looting the chest under the bridge they surprised me and hit me very hard… now I took revenge. And now I read somewhere that I have to do it again as part of a quest. Good thing is, now I know how to do it.

To do it all this with a sword will become much harder then I fear. To clear a camp with sword only and fight 4,5 guys simultaneously is completely unthinkable atm. Thats the next thing to master.

Another “whats next” thing could be to mod the game by myself. That xlm and lua files, I will take a closer look at. And/or playing with the user.cfg settings and investigating all this console commands more intensively. Or finally learn and fiddle with reshade. Its overdue to do this, should have done this for another game I played so much long before.
And so to make it “my” game then.

@Gerax There are battle spawn points that are triggered by chance. If you go outside the LOD and come back, you can often-sometimes respawn the battle. I’ll share some notable locations:
-Rattay-Vranik loop: south side, over half way, spawns in flat clearing, Sasau guards possible
-Ledetchko path: south side of town, take path west to bandit camp with overturned wagon, spawns east of wagon, Sasau guards possible
-Vranik-miller path: take path west from miller with Cuman captive (parallel to Sasau on other side of hill), spawns as path turns left (south) and woods clear so you can see river on one side and steep hill/cliff on other side, Sasau guards possible
-Uzhitz-Talmberg path: if you look at map there are 2 paths roughly going east-West through woods, take north path, spawns at dip (mini valley) in path, Talmberg guards possible
-Rattay-Neuhof path: after you go north and pass tavern out of town, the path splits, take path along forest, spawns at dip in path where there’s a T intersection, Rattay guards possible
There are others. The ones above tend to spawn at decent frequency

Many thanks for the reply, very helpful. Some of them I know, but not all.

A few days ago i googled a bandit camps map, found one, was surprised how many there are (19 on this map). But sadly when I come there, they seem to be disused. Have to try again.

The greatest RPG I have ever experienced so much thought gone into every quest / character I have also nearly 200 hours in and still nowhere near finishing the main quest , I cannot thank Warhorse enough , outstanding is one word I would describe this beautiful game

Or you could do as I do and become efficient at alchemy and sneak into camps and poison them all , or kill them in their sleep , so many ways to clear out a camp

I must agree, After playing this game. It has made all my other games boring! One of the best Games I have ever played. I am about 150 + hours into it…

Thank you Warhorse Studios. I look forward to see what this game will become, with all the work yet still being put into the game.

P.S.

I enjoyed this game so much, that just before the end of the story-line. I started a new game, so I could keep everything fresh :smiley:

2 Likes

My daughter has been ripping through “Life is Strange”

I love watching it (and have played a good chunk of it as well), it is a fantastic piece of art. I even bought individual chapters at one point (years ago), but my daughter was too young for what was going to be evident themes raised by the game in later chapters.

She is old enough now to enjoy it- but wowsers if I had to wait a month or two for the next part… it’d be maddening.
No doubt players would replay all options out of what they have waiting for more…

And that is where it aligns with KCD.
Waiting for more…

I dont care whatever ‘more’ might be.

Heck Id be happy to be a virtual baker (and small time crime lord?)…
Just doing daily chores.

Sad that we shirk on chores and workoutput to do virtual work and chores.
Id take interactive entertainment of this quality over most tv and movies.

1 Like

90h game playd. had to start over 4 times cuz of bugs and only gotten 20% or less in the game because main story characters keeps getting fucked over.
Good game but unplayable. This game came 1 year to early for its released.

Thanks for the hint shedders!
But as I said in another (German) thread: I am a coward when it comes to sneak into camps, or houses to steal something… I feel very uncomfortable when doing this. So I avoid it.

In general I have to say: the immersion I have with this game is impressive. And very frightening sometimes: when i started to play this my heart rate quickens in scary or exciting sections so intensively that I feared the worst for a moment … “he died when playing KCD” will be my epitaph then … lol. But with the time and more experience it became much better.
Otherwise the immersion can be simply wonderful also: when there are moments in the woods where there is no danger and I enjoy the sound, the view, hey, I even can smell it … or ie on the route Neuhof to Rattay or vice versa where I have this open wide landscape view… thats simply beautiful and I really can enjoy it as it gives me a feeling of peace.

In ie Battlefield, CloD etc etc I do not have this. When I am in danger there and get killed, aha. Thats it. Start again. Started Witcher 3, was really impressed by the graphics … until I came to a swamp and sudddenly some very strange looking ghosts appeared … I couldn’t stop laughing … what is not a bad thing at all. But its not immersion.

And thats the difference: as a kid I have read about the beauty and the danger of the woods so many times in ie ‘german knights legends’ that this fantasies are burnt in forever. A whole period, the Romanticism, dealed a lot with this, see all the neo-romantic castles they built, listen to Wagner or especially von Weber’s Freischütz, Lortzing, Humperdinck etc. See all the paintings. People like it until today. And now it became ‘real’ in this game when I look at all this details in this open world. Maybe therefor I like it so much.

Buts thats my approach to this formidable game.

2 Likes