That's lame (killing Pius)

Hey there, after a long time I got to play again.
Yesterday I continued a playline and had to find / kill Pius.
I went straight into the monastery, with my character levelled to the max, I wanted to try something.

What happens, if I take Pius body to the meeting point, as proof, you know?
Well, a word and a blow.
Henry lays down Pius next to the fire and talks then to the guy who gave the order.

He asks where I left the body - The option “just look down” is missing
He asks for proof, if Pius’ really dead - The option “don’t you know how he looks like” is missing.
When time comes, where we all go our marry way, the guy really screams! “A body, help guards, someones got muredred!”
That pussy told me to do so, he rans all the way up to the monastery and calls a guard who then runs to the swamp.

That’s lame.
I’m sad that there is no point in playing it twice.

Interesting approach.
Sad that npc AI is still so weak.

1 Like

That’s not exactly bad AI, but lack of script for that player aproach to the mission. I kind of understand it because I don’t think many players would do that and it seems that nobody in warhorse mission script team did foresee it. :grin:

I find it a bit of a let down.
Of course, it’s not the witcher, but one thing I love about the Witcher III is, that you have so many outcomes and they thought (so it seems) every way possible through.

You tested it for them and they stated they were thinking about some special scenarios but players will always try something crazy they did not think of.

You’re right that it’s impossible to plan every way a bored gamer will play the game. But.

It’s not a huge effort to put an extra object or two to quest conditions - a corpse nearby, in this case. WH has failed to create an interactive game world and it’s ridiculous because the interactions are what makes the world open.

Say,

(TL;DR - kilobytes of ranting about how a bunch of IF statements in code can save the game world)

• Hans Capon mocks Henry and challenges him to a combat check. However, he’s not that stupid to challenge a famous cuman killer, as the chances to fail are high. Hans is an attention whore with low self-esteem, after all, and public failure is the worst thing in his life.

• Radzig in his discouraging speech has mentioned that Henry doesn’t even have a sword and a horse. But the Henry who’s standing in front of him could be dressed better than Charles IV himself and own thousands of groschen, luxury swords, and the best horse. Don’t believe that creating a cutscene with branches is that difficult.

• People run away from the bandits, but allow Henry in the same clothes to come close. Wayfarers must be alert about the guys in dark armor or cuman caftans.

• Women in whorehouses are asking Henry if he has money. Henry, who comes there every day and pays extra every time, who has the Talmberg worth of coins in his pocket and his name is well known to everyone from a noble to the last beggar in Sasau woods. A little trust? Nope, money first.

• The player with a fair amount of money could provide better living conditions to refugees both in Rattay and Sasau. It’s natural for people to support neighbors in distress. This could be done in the form of a deposit in the town hall or the abbot’s office. Not that much work.

• When Henry suddenly finds himself being a son of the local lord and king’s hetman Radzig, his lowborn friends must be impressed or even confused. But Matthias and Fritz are talking about the upcoming robbery, Theresa is like ‘meh I am busy’, and even Andrew the Innkeeper is not afraid that a member of the local nobility knows about his poaching ventures and criminal activities.

(edit: too much coffee make a mess of thoughts)

1 Like

You’re right. The setting details and graphics are absolutely great, however, other aspects like interactions with NPCs, combats and trading, are intolerable weak.

Wonderful idea. Hopefully, it’ll be corrected