The Biggest Plot Hole of KC:D's Stroyline

Hello everyone. By now, I assume you’ve played the game. If not, be warned, this does go into the main storyline itself.

In the beginning, we get the whole tutorial. Meet your father Martin, meet Sir Radzig, make his sword, watch everybody get fucked. Good times.

So we flee Skaltiz (and if you’re not a cunt, you’d have saved Theresa from being raped) get an arrow in the leg, ride for Talmberg. Nothing special really. Meet Sir Divish. Get stuck in like a tick on a dog’s ass. In the night, Sir Radzig and his people flee Skalitz for Rattay, then on the morrow King Sigismund is on the horizon with his army.

After all that’s said and done, you go to bury your parents, get absolutely fucked upside and over by Runt the Bald Cunt, and lose Sir Radzig’s sword. Hence the main quest to retrieve the sword the whole game and kill Sir Markvart von Auschwitz.

Now, here’s the massive gaping plothole that puts Asa Akira to shame is thus; why didn’t Henry go out in the night and give Sir Radzig his sword? Or be given the option of leaving the sword in Talmberg with Sir Divish/Sir Robard? After playing the game and paying strict attention to the main storyline, keeping in mind every time Sir Radzig’s sword is brought up, it seems to me that if we had simply given it to him that very night or kept it in Talmbreg, nothing would change in the story whatsoever. Henry could easily have his lines changed to say he’s out to kill Sir Markvart von Auschwitz for killing Martin and the game would remain the same.

3 Likes

My guess is that they wanted to keep the sword aloof until the final act when you get it. The sword will probably have the best stats for its category. If you need a better excuse for not turning it over on the night you mentioned then think about this. Your wounded, your parents just got killed, and some @$$#@!# put you on watch all night. So your cognitive functions might not be up to snuff ok? :wink:

@TheKnightinBlack
The sword is a massive red herring

What if Henry stores the red herring in Talmberg prior to sneaking out? Holy sugar!

Reminds me of the monastery… it’s so vital to be a novice (so everyone can dump on you), and yet if you return after the staged bloodletting (for the love of all that’s good and proper … why does blood on the floor without a body signify murder in Bohemia?), nobody cares

Stopped reading due to unecessary swearing…

There are several plot holes in KDC, some can be ignored, others just make you cross your eyes in desperation.

There are so many good things in KDC, however on the story side and even the side quests they really need to improve. I’ve said it before and will say it again, the stories need polishing, they don’t end, they get interrupted and you continue with something else.

The My Lady story, the story with Theresa, the Monastery quest, really ???
The story with the witches was kind of funny but man I got weird and the ending was just… what happened here???

I would like to bring the Witcher 3 and the stories, how they are written and executed up front and center. They are mostly outstanding, they got great interaction, a start, middle and an end including a conclusion you can use later in the game. I miss that in KDC.

1 Like

Ok, let’s not get carried away. For all it’s attempts at st staying historically accurate, it’s still , at the end of the day, a game.
Why doesn’t Henry leave the sword behind when he goes back to Skalitz? Maybe because he’s a blacksmiths son who’s scared out of his mind about the fact that he might possibly run into some Cumens! Have you heard about those Cumens? They skin people alive!
I know one thing for sure, if I was to go back to that place to bury my parents, I sure wouldn’t leave the only weapon i have for protection behind!
And, it’s a damn good weapon to boot!

Take a different weapon. It’s not like the Talmberg armory is like Fort Knox. Beyond that, you take the weapon appropriate to your proficiency. You don’t start off in kendo/geomdo with the sword fit for a noble. I would guess the same was true of medieval European martial arts

Why doesn’t he leave the sword behind? Its his only job. All he has for gainful employment is the delivery of that weapon to his liege. Not something someone would give up.

The Witches. That was weird. I took it as a slap in the face to the morality police. They couldn’t get the orgy through the sensors but no problem with the implied bestiality.

firstly, this is an RPG wherein user choice should prevail. accordingly, this option should be enabled

secondly, carrying a valuable sword befitting a king’s henchman through a land being ravaged by foreigners with a nasty reputation and lust for loot is about the quickest and best way possible to draw unwanted and deadly attention upon oneself. that risk is directly at odds with the goal of safe delivery of said weapon

thirdly and most importantly, his job was to follow the orders of his noble. he was told to stay there (with the sword). so the notion that his behaviour aligned with his job is a bit nonsensical.

i get the general design intent but to make Venegence an actual main quest was a bad decision.

Sure its dangerous. He could have given the sword into someone elses charge and joined the rest of the Skaltz beggars. But if you haden’t noticed Henry is the hero and therefore dose the hero thing and keeps his job.

Sure he disobeyed. A very serious offense yet one respected buy nobles when it works in there favor. A risky decision but one with a considerable chance for reword. So once again, a profitable job.

Let me put it more simply. The delivery of expensive sword to a noble = high chance for reword. Giving up only source of work within the castle= dumb move.
Remember he would likely have not even made it past the gates without the charge of that sword.

he could’ve left the sword in Talmberg (eg, with Stephanie or in his room) and then gone to Skalitz with a different weapon. then, after finishing the task, he could’ve returned to Talmberg mind at ease and weapon secure. that shows a nuanced approach to risk (iow, brains). highest reward possible as it shows he has balls, loyalty and brains

The securest place for a sword is at your side. To give it into someone elses care would be to admit that it was beyond your capability. If Stephanie was to assume the risk of the swords care, why would Henry be reworded. Leaving the sword unattended wouldn’t be much better than leaving it in the street.

that’s nonsense. Henry can’t even slice a stick in half with the sword. it’s equivalent to a total noob at guns taking a L119A2 and its ammo to a firing range and then trying to shoot off clips on his own

Agreed. It was a risky move. Also a heroic one.
The realism is in that he lost the sword.

of course you have a point. I’m just saying, apart from the fact that the games is pretty historically accurate, we can surely allow the creators some liberty’s with the story line.
I’m an Naturalized American who lived many years in Germany and I was rather “culture shocked” at how rude they could some times be while, paradoxically, otherwise be very civil.
It wasn’t unusual for a german to call you crazy while crossing the street before the pedestrian light turned green.
then, in this game, people constantly are rude to our Henry when he gets in their way.
So many aspects of this game are culturally acurate it’s amazing.
That’s why I say, let’s give them a little bit of a break.
Still hate it like crazy when I hear “watch out, people walking here”, lol

This is not a plot hole. A young injured man recovering from unbelievable trauma made a poor decision. Shocker.

1 Like

There’s holes in the thread starters spelling

On the other hand. It is perfectly in alignment of taking a PS42X2 to the firing range and lobbing a couple of shells.

And there is the thing about the sword being in his charge. With the world as it is and people lockpicking any chest they find, there seems to be a scarcety of places to store the sword while he goes galivanting across the countryside.

Must admit, it sort of “made my day”.