The biggest problem

The biggest problem I see right now with Kingdom Come Deliverance is:
You can lure enemies in the middle of your allies. They simply don’t care, even when they are alone and completely outnumbered, they will follow you in the middle of your allies.
If it stays like this, I see myself luring a lot of enemies into ally territory all the time.
You can see it here at minute 15:48

Yeah, twas funny. But it is not the only good game doing that. I would not consider this as a big problem. You can choose to fight or run like a coward.

2 Likes

Yea, this isn’t the games “biggest problem”. But I agree that it’s certainly an issue that needs to be looked at.

The AI is not responding in an intelligent manner in these instances and can clearly be exploited. Obviously exploits are quite normal and expected (I mean heaps of games are released with myriad exploits by pure nature of the complexity of the systems and mechanics involved) however for me, in this instance and given the scenarios that this particular exploit appears, it actually just comes across as plain stupid.

Hopefully it will be addressed in some fashion prior to release.

OPINION: The devs have always spoken about the complex AI routines; I’m a firm believer that this intuitiveness (or potential lack thereof) coupled with the combat mechanics and overall story are the top 3 key items that will help determine how well KCD is received.

1 Like

You have two choices when a bad player just runs away from a 1v1. You either follow the player, or you let them go. Is either option good?

I don’t have a problem with them following me. I have a problem with them following me into the middle of allied territory. That’s just ridiculous. One lonely soldier following me into the middle of a bunch of my friends is just ridiculous, it’s suicidal.
You alsone against a bunch of heavily armoured knights? Who would do that?
You would run away as soon as you see them, and maybe come back with friends. At least you wouldn’t fight a fight that you can’t imagine to win, nobody would.

Its Lerooooy Jenkins

3 Likes

Is there any way to let the KCD team know about this?

They do run away sometimes, and they are supposed to surrender too, although I haven’t seen that happen outside of scripted events.

In this instance he was hardly surrounded by “knights” it was one guy. Then others came to surround him. Also, if he had been running after the cowardly player, he would already be low on stamina by the time he was surrounded. Running would be impossible.

What is more ridiculous is why the player ran away in the first place.

Either they follow you. They have an aggro radius. They can be kited. Or they follow you forever. There are no perfect solutions.

The best solution is not to run away in the first place.

That’s the same video but on PS4. It has a much more natural conclusion. In this video they talk about the ways of solving that quest.

You can do what happens in this video, listen, then attack. You can sneak kill. You can run away and inform the captain, and the soldiers will go with you to kill the bandits.

Sure, you can also do what they did in the XBox video, but who does that? Whose standard response to getting attacked in a game is to bumble around getting hit and then running away?

1 Like

Depending on the enemy type I feel a good solution would be for them to go to either the nearest allied settlement and start notifying people of your outrageous behavior, authorities especially. This would be more realistic than having them run after you forever but not so underwhelming as to have them just give up and go back to their everyday routine. The determining factors should be what their movement speed is, how far away from them you are, and how far away from their normal routine area they are. The move speed should be a base pursuit distance which is modified by the distance from their routine location. This means that when you are close enough for them to close the gap they will never run away but the amount of effort they will put into pursuing you will be reduced the further from their routine location they are. Assuming the crime and reputation systems are fairly robust this should be a fairly satisfying system.