The ending

The ending is bullshit

2 Likes

The ending is the closing of a multi act story. The next game is the next act.

it still suck…

3 Likes

Get a tissue for the issue

1 Like

Why? Need more details.

Because it leaves the player hanging on a cliff until you can continue the story, you don’t complete any of the goals, like getting the sword back or getting even with your parents murders.

A clever way to keep the players interested until the next DLC would be to give them something to actually do?
The quest with Theresa is just weird as it leads to nothing, and when you complete the game, you just ride of into the sunset?

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy most of the game, and I will buy whatever WH will release, but if we look at the Witcher as an example you get a tight story telling, and you don’t leave the player in an airless void, as you can rebuild the farm and do a lot that makes sense.

Here not so much.

2 Likes

The only problem is that the sword questline is a silly distraction. All the rest is ok. If WH wants to continue Henry’s life in another game, so be it. This assumes the next chapter has enough content to be its own game. If the next chapter is just 3-10h of more gameplay, then I’ll change my tune

1 Like

Originally there was going to be three Acts, so the first two games were always going to have cliffhanger endings.

The first Act would’ve been everything up until the Attack on Vranik (About a 60-ish hour game.) The Attack on Vranik and Siege would’ve been the second Act (Around 20-ish hours) The third Act is going to be the largest, around 120-ish hours.

Dan Vavra decided to combine Act I and II together, making the current KCD. Act III, now KCDII, is still going to be the longest game since it has to cover a LOT of history (Read: the game KCD is set in the year 1403. They wanted to cover the Hussite Wars. The next game has to cover from 1403 to 1434, 31 years in 120 hours.)

3 Likes

if Ubisoft made this game you’ed be like “ok. fine i’ll wait”
they’re a small ass studio, i admit it’s unfinished
but the result is pretty damn impressive
we got a realistic medieval simulator RPG with good story, great soundtrack and an immersive world that actually LIVES
while immersion is all and good, the studio had maybe 10 million to develop the game
that’s a shoe string budget compared to other big AAA titles

while the storyline might be unfinished, they’re working on the sequel
and hopefully it comes out by 2019 and by then they’re gonna add all the missing elements to the game
such as arenas, jousting competitions, crossbows, smithing and a few extra DLC quests

and besides, you have plenty of other great slav games in the making
you got Metro Exodus and maybe, just MAYBE we’ll get a glimpse of Bannerlord
next year will be cyberpunk if i’m right, and after that
who knows…

1 Like

What? Another act? Wow… such new bugs, such new undeveloped bugged quests, such new lazy scripting and writing. Much wow. Bring it on!

1 Like

I didn’t knew that they really planned also the Hussiten Wars.
That’s awesome!
Hope you can go to Kutná Hora and also Prague. And It would be great to take a look at Castle Trosky as well.

1 Like

Haters gotta hate…

1 Like

I think it was around 30 million USD for the development of the game.

The ending is fine. Just finished. No question that I got my money’s worth. Haven’t had this much fun since Skyrim. Looking forward to the next act.

3 Likes

The ending is very good (and open for a sequel, which is also very good).

Agreed. Fucking terrible.

Oh so doing all side quests and activities and finding all treasure chests and killing all of the bandits on the map isnt something to do? c:
Like others have said, this game was originally supposed to have 3 parts and they consollidated the first two into one and now we wait for the last one.
And in my honest opinion I thought it was going to end multiple times but it didnt. Idk, if you dont like cliff hangers then you dont like em.

I don’t like them … each to his own.