The engine - what is possible?

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I want to apologize, but for some reason I can only post in this part of the forum.

I am very excited for this new game and what it will bring to us. However, I wondered if it might be possible for warhorse or even modders to create something with this game and engine I was looking for in a long time.

To be more explicit, I am talking of something that is more similiar to a online experience. Something like the Ultima Online freeshards in the old days, where people could host their own servers and start a whole new RPG experience, with their own world and their own ruleset.

My question is simply if it would be possible to expand Deliverance into such a experience with the capabilities of the CryEngine as it is now, or if it just will not be possible. I am not talking of servers with thousands of players but rather 100-300.

Of course I am aware that probably no one here has the insight in the project to tell me, if such a thing is even possible and most likely it will always be an unfulfilled dream of myself to bring back those old days, but maybe one of the devs will read this post and give me an honest answer if it would be possible to accomplish such a feat.

Best regards.

You can’t post in the most categories because you don’t have a badge.

I don’t know answer to your question, but IMO it’s not very likely. They have stated that they won’t do a multiplayer (at least in the act 1, but I really doubt they will do it for the other acts since it would require significant change of game concept) so the whole thing would have to be created by players/modders. And it sounds impossible to me to create a MMORPG from single player RPG without help from developers. But I’m not an expert, so maybe someone will prove me wrong.

“Something like the Ultima Online freeshards in the old days, where people could host their own servers and start a whole new RPG experience”

Goddamnit, I first read “host their own SEWERS”, sat here totally amazed, and only later read it again and realized that your post isn’t what I thought it was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why do you want modding a product of which as yet has no precise information on the actual extent and for the developer side still two sequels are planned? There are so many interesting games about which nobody cares more that could be brought to life with some good ideas again … look in this direction. Especially for some of these games earlier million players have paid money, so a vital target group is present, waiting for something …

Warum willst Du ein Produkt modden, von dem bisher noch keiner genaue Informationen über den tatsächlichen Umfang hat und für das von Entwicklerseite noch 2 Fortsetzungen geplant sind? Es gibt soviele interessante Spiele um die sich keiner mehr kümmert, die man mit einigen guten Ideen wieder zum Leben erwecken könnte…schau doch mal in diese Richtung. Zumal für manche dieser Spiele früher schon Millionen Spieler Geld bezahlt haben, also eine vitale Zielgruppe vorhanden ist, die auf so etwas wartet…