The forum controversy

A crowdfunded game that cost 36 mil usd excluding marketing :slight_smile:

I am not arguing with you but have a question. What do you refer to when you write “back to actual role playing”?

My point still stands, in this age of ‘gaming’ someone pulling off a KCD is akin to commiting sudoku on EA’s sacred microtransaction grounds. If the new wave of decent games has to be this imperfect gem, so be it.

Still butthurt on their promises of so many cut content tho.

1 Like

Think Deus Ex, when you’re but a puny runt that when starting out. you are mostly an untrained agent fresh out from the academy, and you only become better later in the game. Henry is that exact ponce, aibeit being not so well executed when so much ‘story’ elements has to be rammed up his noble behind.

Also, no handholding, and even with the tremendous bugs, it does feel that you’re playing into the character that you geared up for.

Agree, especially with HZD and now KCD. It’s great for ppl like me who don’t like multiplayer games.

fwiw, think you’ve given a fair and balanced assessment.

wish more would articulate actionable goals/expectations. with that in mind, created a forum.

When I play the game, I feel like “back to actual role playing” is just words. There are quest markers every quest I played. Set character, no class system, (good thing). Set story, Henry never feels like he could be a thief or a murderer due to his good naive kind nature. Story mostly set in stone. It is no more rp than lots of other games. FO4 and Skyrim and oblivion and those games are a lot more role play(ish) :yum:as far as I am concerned.

im original backer.

Well, i started to be angry, when i saw few interviews in czech with Dan Vavra after game release where he really downplaying bugs, as very occasional, easily to fix, he dont admitted nothing about that game was rushed…

Now i have 155hours in my save - Steam is saying 198hours, i cant progress in my game because hard crashing when some in game time is triggered, i can load save, but when i save it again i cant load it… I played on best platform on pc, but even in “working” quest some lots of buggy behavior, some perks not work at all, you could reach max level in some skill, because formula is bugged… I met ~5 broken quest, which i cant complete…

Ok, there i could be still calm, if patching process would be good… but they dont fixed even simplest bug in 2 weeks on PC - there they could easily push new Steam update every day… There is something really wrong in company, they maybe cant get console users more angry, maybe main people needed vacation and they want not to admit that.

Regardless this is Kickstarter game and they should be more honest with as and at least admit what is going on…

I had a bit bad taste in my mouth because of realism and history badge on this game, which they are using a lot, it could look realistic and historical for average Joe, but in reality its not true, historical job, maybe except architecture (not my degree) is lousy - i mostly agree with Rock, Paper and Shotgun in that.

Too much corporate bulls** if you ask me… Not Knights in Shining armor behind this game, pleas dont glorify them, thanks. WH leaders Dan V. and Martin Klima have hypo like thick skins…

1 Like

I agree with the ‘Henry good boi’ nature, and I believe that Warhorse took that direction to priortise the game’s popularity(evidenced by most played on steam at one point and 1 Mil+ sales, which I feel that their resources are better put out to make the RPG more RPG. So yeah, bummed at the Dorky Henry archtype.

but what I’ll argue for is more of the substance of play, like how the world doesnt revolve around you. Torches have to be held up at night, shops have scehdules to run and people have actual things to do (Which Skyrim also has, but my opinitated believe that KCD is better) The character system is unique, and feels quite oblivion-like, but a different one at hand, compared to Skyrim and Fallout4 where their ‘RPGness’ goes down the drain the more they focus on simplified perk systems. (Which KCD also has, but it isnt exclusive to character building) So KCD has substance, but it’s style is terrible.

Again, my opinion is subjective, so is my disdain for ‘RPGs’ like Skyrim and FO4, those are a joke.

Still, everyone greeting Henry like a lord is immersion breaking.

I am sorry. Must be a big let down as a backer. And I agree that their patching is really bad, as well as their products and communication. Last ps4 patch addressed 3 things, r2 button, and two quests I believe. That is quite bad considering it was done over 2 weeks. Or 3, whatever. They have allegedly sold over 1 mill copies. That is 50 mill dollars! And they could hire additional team members and better qualified staff. 50 mill and only two patches that have made NO difference in my game.

Dialog choices don’t seem to enable enough bad boy persona … that said, you can get in fights, throw :poop:, and steal before Skalitz battle cut scene. Going to jail and dying was bad pathing.

Being smallish, not sure they’re ready to scale… yet.

Haven’t even been trained and gone on guard duty in Rattay and peeps are calling me knight… :roll_eyes:

How nice to be able to disagree with decent people on this forum. Without slandering or cussing or name-calling. I too really like the features in game like, food spoiling, washing, going to the cobbler and such. Bought the game well knowing it would be heavily story driven. But still it has some freedom. But it quickly turns into a empty shell if you try to just ignore main story and just “live as a guy called Henry”. That is where Skyrim and fallout differ. If you ignore main story there are guilds and factions you can join and that gives you possibilities for much more role play. They encourage you to be a good guy OR a bad guy or something in between. Kdc falls flat when it comes to freedom of rp in my humble opinion.

Not glorifying them at all, i’m concerned at the speed of the bug fixing, and their future DLCs and releases better be much better now that their ‘success’ is measured in full glory.

Just a nitpick, I would take RPS articles with a pinch of salt, considering this context that social justice has stirred up controversy with KCD, injecting their rage for the lack of diversity in the game, with them claiming historical accuracy as a ‘crypto-facist’ cover. And the historical accuracy article is written more as a hit piece rather than being objective.

But I agree with your rage at issues, I just dont thinking raging will help me or Warhorse in this current shitstorm that they’ve made.

It took hello games quite some time to start talking. But they atlas, being a small indie team really made a turnaround and updated fixed the game, and hired a new pr team. Hope this is the case for wh as well. They are not the only small team in the world that has failed to deliver a dream and vision of theirs, so let’s hope they can redeem this.

Then I will start insulting you because you crossed the lin----- Nah, you’re right, its good to be civil.

I’ll rebutt with this: Skyrim’s quest, follow a guy who wants to destroy some deadra evil, do standard killing stuff, reach climax of quest, choice 1: save guy, choice 2: kill guy and take uber evil sword. I think KCD has better choices for quests compared to FO4 and Skyrim.

That is when i lost it, even Oblivion has multiple branches to solving the quest with that crazy lunatic. How about we can agree that Oblivion, whatever it’s flaws, has really good RP choices on quests? Oblivion, New Vegas (and to a certain extent, FO3) has better RP choices than Skyrim and FO4

Look at forum list of WH QA. Count ‘em. Not enough

Sure I agree with all you said. :slightly_smiling_face: Skyrim and fo4 was not like oblivion, or morrow in. And KCD have some really fresh and down to earth quests. I hope when it is patched to be able to play a good guy botanist monk kinda play through. With no fighting unless I reeeeealy have to. Like the nature in the game, the realistic look of it, and the alchemy seems really cool as well. Have not tried it yet, since I have to be able to read for that, right?

Statement or question? :yum: