The Good Thief - Possible Broken Quest

On PC here…

I received the quest “The Goid Thief”, but got sidetracked with the main quest and just ended up paying off the Miller and the apothecary. Then decided to go back and complete the Good Thief Quest. Got the executioner to leave and talk to the Miller st which point I successfully robbed his house but didn’t find the ring. So I figured the executioner had the ring on him so as he was on his way back to his house I knocked him out and mugged him, but he didn’t have the ring on him. I have been back to his house 3 times now and mugged him another three times, still no ring. Am I just outa luck? Is the quest broken?

Didn’t paying him off “end” the quest for you?

When I paid him off I got the message that the quest had been ended.

No, the quest is still in my quest log as an active quest.

Weird, sounds a bit buggy then…sorry to hear.

1 Like

The ring is in the trunk in executioner’s bedroom.

1 Like

silly question but did you check the right chest? i believe i checked 3 chests before i found the ring

When u walk in the ring is in the room to the left in the chest

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been in every trunk of his three times. Still no ring.

I’ll have another look. I only saw 3 chests at his residence. Maybe I missed one.

I am on PS4, same problem. Searched all three chests, nothing. Convinced him to sell me the ring, he says ok and gives me the ring…but there is no ring, quest won’t move forward. i tried killing him, playing until i needec to talk to him again for another quest ( Thinking this may respawn his inventory), Now he just fights me to the death. Side note i installed all of the DLC content during rhis playthrough. not sure if related. (Also at the beginning of my second playthrough i still have ( Letter From Vranik) in my inventory???

1 Like

I am on the same platform and am having the exact dame issue. It doesn’t matter if I lock lockpick the chest, but it from him, or anything else. It apply won’t appear in my inventory.

This sucks because until I download the Women’s Lot DLC it worked fine. In love the new DLCS and patches, but this one needs work.

I fixed mine after he asks you to to steal it out of the executioner’s chest just say you’ll pay him, pay him and keep denying the quest and then you’ll get an option to saying you don’t want to do it he gets kind of mad but he makes empty threats it doesn’t do anything.