The Pillory

It occurred to me I’ve never seen anyone in the stocks/pillory. A wonder if anyone else has. Every once in awhile I’ll be in a town and I see a thief taking off and a shop owner chasing after them. Sometimes I help catch said thief. Sometimes I leave it to the shop owner to deal with on his own. If it’s a minor offense shouldn’t the criminal go to the pillory or jail? If it’s bad enough shouldn’t there be a public execution? I wouldn’t mind witnessing. Any of these happening. Also if there is a theft or crime committed shouldnt the guards also go after them like they do with the players?

These are just some of the random thoughts I have come up with and feel they should be eventually implemted after the bug fixes.

1 Like

they show up every so often in rattay

I’ve seen one. You can punch them to level stats because you’re allowed to punch them. I love it.

1 Like

You can also give them something to drink to increase your rep.

Hmm, never seen one so far. At hour(s) can you see them ? Or is it really random ?

Well, if you see a lone bandit or thief somewhere and follow them (without them noticing you) you may see them get arrested by guards and they get put in jail or in the pillory. So in that sense it’s not random, but it’s the AI randomly doing the multiple things they’re programmed to do, so I guess it depends on how you define random.
If they’re in the pillory they’ll stay there for 24 hours I believe (but not sure) and then the guards will get them out. Maybe it also depends on their crime.

That’s awesome to hear. Thanks. I’ll be on the look out now.

People also stand around booing them.

1 Like

Ya my first play through I gave them drinking water or was it mead🤔

i have drinking water and fine wines with me for the sole purpose of hydrating them because henry just subsists on gulash.

i do know one guy the vagabond or was it someone else who has been locked in the pillory for 10 days now :smiley:

Oooh f***, That’s the guy I need to complete his quest line lol. And now he’s indeed stuck in the pillory :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol. That’s funny.

What gets me is they put HENRY in jail rather than in the pillory. It’s anachronistic, the game itself notes how jail back then was just a holding cell, not itself the punishment, but rather than make the toss in jail cut scene a put in the pillory cut scene, with maybe some in game animation of henry getting from produce chucked at him, they do the historically inaccurate thing anyway.

Pilloried henry would serve the same game function and make so much more sense, from a health stat loss perspective, reputation loss perspective, game flavor and historical accuracy perspective, whole thing.

Seems so obvious I wonder how that choice happened.

1 Like

That’s a very good point. Wish I had realized that.

1 Like

Well (SPOILERS) if u play the game long enough u will understand y he isn’t in a pillar

I give the poor guy something to drink.

Ya me to always mead :beers: