The Prey-game ending glitches

I purchased the game approximately 4 months after release to avoid major bugs. However I have experienced a game ending bug on The Prey questline in the forest with Hans Capon. I spent over 10 hours playing this game to be screwed over by a bug. The first bug was when we got to the campsite before the rabbit hunt and Hans told me to get the Wine and Bacon. I couldn’t interact with the saddlebags. The prompt told me to press E to get them but would not allow me to interact. I waited(after restarting prior saves and reloading that didnt fix the issue) and i failed the quest but was able to progress. Then when Hans pursued the boar into the forest I found him and killed the guards and was unable to untie him. Again the prompt says press E to untie. I smash the E button repeatedly to no avail. I attempted remapping my E key, reloading prior saves, and reloading game over and over and nothing fixed it. I cannot leave the area because you cannot leave Hans without the game killing you. Does anyone know how to work around this buggy situation.

Edit: caused by the mod easy lockpicking. Removed mod fixed issue. Thanks to Warhorse.

1 Like