The prey quest Bugged Merciful run

So I’m on my second play through doing the prey quest. I’m doing a merciful run where i’m not killing anyone, keep this in mind. now I’ve done the quest up till the part where we chase the boar both of us on a horse during the cut scene, I already bought warhorse jenda by this point. So we arrive at the cuman camp Hans horse gets shot he falls off bumps his head and now I have to fight the cumans. Well I’m playing a merciful run So i can’t kill them I fight them barehanded knock them out take there stuff. Now the quest says to go check on lord capon. I walk over there and nothing happens. So i reload my save and try again this time I take out the cumans barehanded and nothing the quest doesnt even tell me to check lord capon it just stops dead right there.

This same bug. Ptatzek do not respond looks like death. BTW if you kill cumans he will be responsive :frowning:

Well guys, I registered to the forum only to share my workaround.

So here’s how I did it:

1. Entered the camp with horse
  2. Used the archer to indirectly kill the swordsman
  3. Punched the archer unconscious.
  4. Carried him to talmberg huntsman’s house. Well at least to the nearest point where there is no game over. I recommend you test this beforehand.
  5. Put him on the ground and start shooting to the courtyard of the hunting lodge.
  6. The huntsman will either first come to you and run away or run for guards immediately. Note: it may take a while before he realizes you are there
  7. The cuman woke up and started hitting me
  8. Ignore him shoot the lodge with 5-10 secs interval
  9. After 2 or 3 minutes guards arrived, I continued to shoot so they know where I am
  10. They approached and started taking on the cuman who then surrendered.
  11. I backed away and they kept hitting him which caused him to run for Talmberg, and they followed him.

I wasn’t sure they would kill him but when I ran back to Hans, he was awake and the quest progressed and I still have 0 people killed in stats.

I suffered some reputation hit. Everything was 50. Now villagers are 43, soldiers 30. And I have a bounty.

Hope this helps.

(Sorry for any typos, I’ve written this from my cellphone)

1 Like

1.4.1 do not fixed this bug. OK I’m going to play other games and waiting for bugfix miracle maybe 1.7 or 2.2 patch :wink:

Thank you so much for this advice. I tried it this way and Nicholas ran to my position and killed both Cumans. After that, Hans was walking through the woods and I could talk to him. :slight_smile:

1.4.2 and 1.4.3 don’t fixed it too, so its really interesting how much time we should wait to continue play this game

Us too, been stuck on this run for weeks.

new patch and still not fixed. great.

Another way how to kill the cumans is to lure them to the place marked in the map. There’s a poacher there and he will attack the cumans if they come close to his hideout. There are also bandits (don’t know where exactly but I think they’re near the crossroads in the north), but they will attack you as well.

poacher