The Slow Combat

I read this thread up until Muncha admitted to having worked on “Shards of Destiny”

this man is a weeb amongst weebs… not only are most of his ideas about “realistic combat” the “The Katana can cut through steel like butter” mentality, but he literally brags about having worked on a weeaboo animoo fanservice crap.

Just let him be, really. He’s not the first, but not the last on this forum. I’ve seen many people like him. They’re just not using information and all the stuff to learn about the game before to write threads like that. Maybe, he just wanted to write about him being “awesome” and us - losers. Who knows…
aZfm4VBQ-Hw

But I’m not overestimating it. That video linked by kuri tells the exact same story. I’m not saying that knight were literally tanks that are not be able to move fast, but in order to achieve those results you need to practice a lot to strengthening yourself. For the overall weigh distribution I totally agree with you, no doubt about that.

There used to be some armor suits that weighed about 40 kg but those were just used during parades and served no battle purposes.

I disagree. You would definitely need conditioning in the plate in order effectively fight in it for long periods of time, but the effect plate has on the wearers agility and speed is absurdly over blown. But the average person could probably still move quickly while wearing plate, they would get tired a lot faster than someone who is used to it though.
Modern soldiers carry far more weight, with most of it being on their back, yet you don’t hear people saying “oh soldiers can hardly move faster than brisk walk now a days, and if they fall they become completely immobile”.

1 Like

That’s why I said that you need to practice, especially if you’re about to go in battle and you don’t know if it’s going to be quick or not. As a man who is risking is own life in battle I rather train day and night just to be sure to have as few limits as possible. By the way thank you for posting the video.

Good video Warriant

Btw, there’s a video about the same thing(Armour). It’s an old one, i guess everybody have seen this, who were interested already.