"The system cannot find file specified" FIXED!

Yes,

try to download the launcher again!

nice 5 fps :smiley:

FIXED:

Okay, the Launcher is fixed and should update automatically now. :slight_smile:

mine works now…but crashes when trying to move

More details please, were does it crash? In the game? Can you attach a Gamelog and a DxDiag file here on the forum? :slightly_smiling: Would be awesome, thank you.

When I start the launcher now, i get these error:

“GameLauncher.SelfUpdate.LauncherUpdateFailedException”

Thanks for help :slightly_smiling:

Okay, try do download the launcher again manually :slight_smile:

I downloaded the launcher again but the same error is appearing.

Okay, you have to try this:

Uninstall the game and install it again. The launcher
should then be correctly placed in installation directory.

Sorry for this issue and thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:

I tried uninstalling the game, but when I want to reinstall it it says that the game is up to date and that the launcher cant find the file

Edit: Alright I got it… Windows 10 is really difficult sometimes… KCD wasnt shown in the Apps & Features list where you can uninstall the game, I needed to go to the control panel -> Programms -> Programms and features and uninstall it there

sorry, but it doesnt work, i have uninstalled the game, downloaded the launcher again but I get the same error than last time.

“GameLauncher.SelfUpdate.LauncherUpdateFailedException”

@sebba500 this issue seems to be a nasty one, but don´t worry, sooner or later we will get it. Just don´t give up! I try to get more info about it. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: ok thanks in advance

Well. if reinstalling the game does not work, the only thing that I can think
of, is to manually delete the launcher registration in Windows Registry.

1. Start Registry Editor (regedit.exe): Win+R

2. Navigate in registry tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta

3. If it does not exist, then close the editor, there’s nothing to fix in the registry

4. I fit does, right-click on KCD_Beta and delete the key.

Obvious warning: do not delete anything else, you might mess up your system.

Reinstall the game, it should work properly now.

1 Like

Second time I tried to play it didn’t crash. First time it crashed right in the start where the character is on horses back. I tried to “look left” quickly with mouse and it freezed. I will send crash logs if it does it again.
Is there a possibility to get steam key for this game?

Steam keys are not going to be distributed for Beta anymore.
Right now you can get Beta only via official downloader

Thanks for this answer. I deleted the KCD_Beta Key. I have also deleted the complete game. Now when I start the launcher, he said that the game is up to date, but there are no game files anymore because I delted all files. When I pusch the start button this issue appears now.

#I never give up :smiley:

1 Like

Stupid question but how to or where to get that crash file easily? And now when I played it crashed first time loading “continue game”. Then I chose “load game” and it worked. Then I played all the way to sword tutorial where it did let me play the basic tutorial, but when I bet money for fight it freezed when loading the battle. It didn’t crash then, just downloaded…and after 15min I quitted the game by ctrl alt del.

Well when i started the game this morning the launcher patched and it fixed it for me.

The same problem