"The system cannot find file specified" FIXED!

Hello I have checked the forums and found nothing related to this crash. Basically i bought the game and downloaded the beta launcher which then downloaded the game and upon launching I get this error “The system cannot find file specified” as if there are missing game files. I have tried re-downloading the launcher and game, deleting my profile save, running as admin, creating an exception rule in my firewall (outbound) and I don’t know what could possibly be causing this issue unless after downloading the game it was supposed to update and simply will not. Please help or post if you are having a similar issue. Also these are my PC specs if it helps.

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory 8GB RAM
Windows 10

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem with pretty much the same specs. My CPU is i7-4790 though.

Same here, I wonder where is the uninstall option? That is very basic mistake!

Same problem. When I run GameLauncher.exe it says “Your game is current” (Hra je aktuální) and then clicking Run game shows error “Unable to run game. System cannot find specified file”.

When I manually run Bin/Win64/KingdomCome.exe it says “Unable to verify your license, try run game activation from KCD Launcher.”

Workaround here ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs) doesn’t work for me as mentioned previously (I don’t even have steam version).

Same problem topic: Beta: failed to launch the game

1 Like

Exactly same here. I let it download and install through night and now it is not working :rage:
I have AMD quad, 8GB ram, GTX 960 OC 4GB, Win 10 64bit…

I’m have the same problem
"system cannot find file specified”

Gtx 980 sli
I7 5960x
Asus x99 deluxe.
Would love some help new to the forums thx in advance.

Same here, licence problem, right?

Try launching the game directly.

If installed to the default location, it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta\Bin\Win64.

1 Like

Same for me… I guess we have to wait for a fix

It does not work due to licence check, 8 hour and no fix …

same problem here

Same problem. Tried on two different machines. I tried to launch the game directly via the *.exe but this is not possible due to some other protection.

same problem here…file is missing. It downloaded and installed but still it did not start. What is wrong?

I’m having the exact same problem. This has really killed my hype to play the game. Just when I managed to get a day off.

Do you have the game launcher?
Please check this:

1 Like

Did not work for me

@phillwide,

Can you please post your system config? Maybe there is a reason…

thats not correct for me too…the issue comes without running exe in backround…so i cannot cancel it in taskmanager, cause it bever started … :slightly_smiling:

all the same…it doesn´t start with the exe or with your launcher

They just uploaded new launcher, its working for me