The thread formerly known as

Are you bored?
Need something to read whilst your xbox is left running KCD so you can show photos of how many hours you’ve played?
At work and have a moment and need to live and breathe KCD, and need a topic to update with random thoughts and surprises?

This thread is for you.
I put a lot of effort into hitting a button (“New Topic”), and writing the word ‘go’.

What you bring to the table is unknown.
Show us your cares-

“Go”!

I’ll take a punt…

Where are all the long term forum goers?
I reckon after general public release of the game, instead of making a new public forum, we were given the kickstarter backers ‘gifted’ forum.

I kinda feel that the backers have acess to hundreds of threads that the ‘noise’ does not.
I feel if I had the right login I would be able to see a whole tonne more posts…

Why keep 'em seperate?
Two very different audiences- and the public probably killed the long term vibe overnight.

Seems like it is starting to settle a bit.

Oh- gotta go- popcorns ready and I got a ‘long thread’ to go catch up on.
I roll a three; yay- proceed to discussion.

Later!

there is only death for bandits

2 Likes

Cumans; never forget, never forgive.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I can’t talk about the secret backer forum… it’s against the secret backer code of conduct.

:speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was out visiting historical locations over the weekend.

Mentioned KCD to some historically dressed thespians.

Several of them were backers/loyal…
Mentioned aboit some forum topics (eg were dead raided for equipment), and they straight up quoted fact checking sources. It was clear they were medieval scholars.

I have no idea whether they visit these forums.
What I do know is that many people want to live and breathe KC:D.
Gameplay irrelevant.

In order to appeal to the wider ‘potential’ audience, there are a few direction/design ideals that should be ‘locked in place’.

Is this sentiment worthy of being rolled into a mission statement for the project?
If we have a yardstick for comparison or ‘guidance’ from which we measure decisions by, it becomes harder to make silly errors of judgement that can hurt the product in the eyes of those who value it.

I dont care what corridor shooter lil johnny wants from this game.
I do care what 50year old Fred Wilkins (made up name) wants from this game.

Irrelevant of any difficulty scaling settings etc (mods, in a ‘worst case scenario’, can offer those settings), core medieval game should know what its own goal is.

Rushing a home village was not a player request. No amount of words will make that proposition true.

@Lordtyrion; ansel and photoshop?
Brilliant!

1 Like

Maybe a “Save Vranik” thread? I think it would be hilarious if Hanush says “i hear you built a village for Sir Divish, and are flush with coin, why not give me the same deal.” Vranik is amazing spot could build a massive city on that hill and only have access from one direction. Would be a beautiful towering castle over Sasau.

1 Like

If Vranik doesn’t get converted into what you mentioned or an enemy base of operations (anti-Pribyslavitz) for rinse-repeat combat scenarios during the Epilogue, it’ll be another squandered opportunity

1 Like

Historically, what happened to Vranik? Did it ever get built into a defensible structure of some kind? Because that’s definitely going to influence whether or not Warhorse would be willing to do something like this.

That said, I bet an enterprising modder could accomplish it, once the toolkit releases next year.

Agree and don’t know. There’s so much open space in my mind’s eye it’d be great place for combat-related content. As you approach with a squad of pikemen, crossbowmen and axemen, Cuman horse archers and lancers harry you.

1 Like

ANSEL ONLY

Is it ansel that allows repositioning of the camera as WELL as photo filters?

Thanks for brightening up my screen, thought Id walked into a comic.

yes to everything you said and much more. you can do a lot of stuff with it. sometimes its pretty handy when killing multiple enemies ill forget where one of the corps are or lose him in some long grass or something. so ill go into ansel take the camera as high as it can go and check to see if i can see him lol

Hahah

Like engaging some totem esqe animal as in far cry primal… birds eye view ‘so to speak’.

Now thats ‘hardcore’!

Love those shots by the way, some good composition.

1 Like

Vranik is really beautiful area, so much space and woods. It really is a great place to hang around, except its a wasteland. What is probably its most redeeming quality is that its in the part of the map that isn’t a crap hole. North map has 1 grind stone in like 6 towns. Scary bad, while the south map has I think 7 in 3 towns, 4 if you count Vranik. That says a lot about how the map is constructed.

1 Like