The Underutilized and the Useless

I went with the sketchy butcher in Ledetchko. Was gonna go Rattay but he wouldn’t help me so i went cheap, not sure it mattered aside from how much you spend

1 Like

It would be interesting, for Priv, if your choice on meat quality affected the freshness level of the meat sold in your butcher shop. Just a thought…a way to bring some actual impact to your choice of supplier.

2 Likes

From a cutscene I saw, one can also get an equalitarian but sketchy butcher. Another opportunity to create need for antidote procurement/supply to hamlet chest

1 Like

Exactly! And if you choose the less fresh way and your folks suffer, you can remedy that (some) by supplying potions. Leverage the use of things already in the game and created for such situations!

Preserver - on the surface, this potion seems great for our pre-refrigerated times. My Henry never needs to worry about this because the bands of bandits and Cuman are walking grocery stories. That said, would be nice to leverage this potion and supply it to the hamlet to keep food quality for them above a certain threshold. And if you don’t, maybe there’s a small cut in rep and income

Definitely activities that would benefit not just Pribyslavitz but the whole of KCD’s Bohemia

as long as it isn’t gwent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No gwent, no wicked grace, no copyright violations

Hmm. Would like to see a card game that invokes allusions to Lady Stephanie’s items:
a horse
a keg (of wine)
a crown
a shirt

These items would be on some cards and drawing/playing them would invoke some obligation. Spit balling here but turning over the keg card (or card with 4 kegs) would require everybody at the table to drink

Regarding Medieval card games:

1 Like

So pick man. Which do you think would be best for KCD?

Btw, noticed some dates that would cause an uproar on the anachronistic helmet and weapon front (decades after Skalitz sacking)

Priest - especially the Pribyslavitz one. He prays. He drinks at the tavern. Doesn’t appear to talk to anyone. He goes home. :pray:t4:

No sermon (is there ever a sabbath day in KCD?). No words of keeping faith (encouragement) to his flock. No saying grace (Bless us, O Lord, and these, Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty. Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.) No Lord’s Prayer (Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.). :thinking:

Related
Holy water font - should be able to click on font to make sign of the cross

Altar - would be nice to approach altar, click on it and say a prayer (eg Lord’s Prayer)

2 Likes

No thanks.
The God stuff already present is quite enough for me.

If they include more I want a way to switch it off.

You’d have it: just don’t click or visit inside the church. Religious life was important then. It’s the context for the soon to occur Hussite Wars and later one of the most devastating events in European history… Thirty Years War

For all the pretense about realism and bickering over the historical suitability of this or that bascinet feature (etc), this game misses the mark on some important rituals/traditions (such as having sabbath and being able to sign the cross or say a prayer)

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought those options meant and therefore they mattered. I intentionally didn’t go for the cheapest as I figured it would matter.

1 Like

quit and save game
“Good God that was difficult.”
Checks wallet, comb, tie and fly.
“I really hope I do better tomorrow.”

well, it’s medieval times…god/christianity was kind of a big deal…

2 Likes

Well…Picket would be a good choice, perhaps.
http://jducoeur.org/game-hist/game-recon-picket.html

It’s a 2-player game, and is based on a point system (like the dice game).
It’s a little complicated to read about, but easy to learn in play. Complex enough to be interesting, not so complicated as to be frustrating.

It would be cool to get some action on the altar,
For example praying. Like:
‘‘Holly mother Maria’’ ‘‘bless our savoir Jezus’’ ‘‘Tenno Hikko’’
And such.

I’d love if all small things like plates and cheese and stuff were movable, but I remember how much havoc the physics created in Skyrim :}
Some things might be useless now, but wait for the mods that let you create clothes from fabrics and shoes from hides and golden grip swords from chalices. There are many people who’d like to cure their own leather, so maybe there’ll be a mod like that.
I do love crafting systems, so that’d be a rewarding project and maybe create some custom gear, too. We’ll see when the modding tools are out. But it’ll take a while, or so I’ve heard.

hello all hows it going. heres my 6 things that i wish would change.

taverns in general, i wish i could go drink at any tavern and get drunk. maybe like sit at a table, the maid comes to you and ask to see what you’d like. you order, then ya see a quick mini cut scene of u drinking or eating. similar to gta v or something for example. it’d be nice to be able to rp just a little better.

everyone says it , we know we all want it, more crafting. i wana make my own weapons and what ever. i have materials on me that are useless but sweet. such as satin and wool. i have like 5 more types of cloth on me that are really fancy but i forgot what there called. we can get leather through hunting, we just would need iron added to the game and a way to get it. animal skins and parts are pretty useless . potions and selling is there only use.

polearms and cross bows. there really needs to be more to having a polearm in your hands while on a horse. i mean there is a reason why lancers were still around in ww1 lol. in my opinion even when i had spearmans delight the pole arms on a horse were not really any better then a sword on a horse when trying to kill someone. crossbows…do i really need to say anything. the fact they are not a threat in this version of 1403 Bohemia that is pretty realistic is mind boggling.

pribyslavitz armor smith - i wana type this one in caps as if im yelling lol. THERES NOTHING NEW. basically they took the same shit that was already and always in the game and made him sell it. by that i mean like 2 things that are cool if you use them brigandine dyed pauldrons and the boar shield. i really wanted the new and unique armor, you know for me not my horse wtf lol

id like to have emojis for screen shots purposes as well as to enhance rp. it’d be awesome to walk through the streets waving at people. /wave, /no,/yes, /eat, /dance, im sure we can all think of like thirty or so lol.

i dont think anyone ever said this but im sick of seeing this black pourpoint being called black when its in fact red with gold buttons. can we all agree it should be called a red pourpoint.

thanks and Jesus Christ be praised.

4 Likes

Yes, the boar shield is cool. It should be on the wall of the Pribyslavitz Boar brewery! Beyond that, I really want Talmberg/Skalitz bouche and heavy shields given this is Talmberg jurisdiction and the bailiff and many of its citizens have Skalitz roots.

The yellow hand shield I almost take as ‘talk to the hand’ aka middle finger

Polearms (lancers), crossbows and horse archers - I hope at least one of these barriers can be overcome now that WH has some time and money

2 Likes