The weirdly stringent requirement on combo (Especially on PC, I don't know about console peasants)

A few have talked about how the frequent invincible riposte of the bots are making combo almost impossible to execute in real combat, but I am not complaining about that.

Instead, I am talking about how bloody clunky the control of the hit direction is, that it is often such a pain in the arse to hit all the correct directions, not to mention how unbelievably tight the time constraint is. Now, I don’t know if the developers intentionally designed the hit direction system to be clunky, or if they simply designed the whole system around console without making it work just as well on pc, but bloody hell it is almost worse than Mount and Blade’s hit direction system if I do say so meself. It’s so easy to stab at any directions other than the centre, or swing at the “wrong direction”, or swing 0.5 second slower, or in some cases I suspect I hit all the correct directions but didn’t just click three times in the process (given how cursedly slow and unresponsive my character’s action is), and then if you did either of the three the combo is off)

Good grief! Do I really have to hit the correct direction every 0.5 second without any latency just to be allowed to execute a combo? How do you expect me to do that with no delay when the control is so clunky and even unresponsive at times?

1 Like

Yes. You have to execute the next attack in the sequence before the previous one finishes.

you are right! i think i am 40 h in game and hit one combo in real combat (even agains bernard its just impossible). but this doesnt really matter because by midgame (i think everybody knows that) you 2 hit every enemy and so they will be dead anyway before you hit your 3nd 4th strike

Oh no duck!!! :duck:

In that case, it is truly even more idiotic given how switching hit direction in this game requires me to move my mouse (and there isn’t even a guarantee that my character would switch to the direction I want) - hitting a few certain directions in a certain order in this game is for some reason more difficult than in real life.

You can tell when it’s working because the attack indicator turns white. Either git gud or follow in your peasant superior’s foot steps and use a controller. It is possible with mouse though.

Some of the combos are pretty easy, especially the down left, stab, stab ones. Others are more complicated.

Git gud, combos are easy to do