''There's a conflict between controls!''

Being a leftie who uses the arrow keys and the surrounding keys for most games, I’m trying to bind the Delete key on my keyboard to the ‘‘Use’’ function in the game, but for some reason the game won’t let me do it - when I bind it the key shows up as red. The Delete key is not bound to anything else or even used for anything else in the game as far as I know by looking at the controls tab, and it lets me bind the other keys around it (Insert, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down) just fine.

It’s a clean install without any mods or DLC installed.

Does anyone know why this is happening and if there’s a fix or a workaround?

When you bind the key, it does show up as red - that goes for any change for visual purposes. I’ve tested on mine, and I was able to bind the delete key, and then I hit Confirm (even while the Delete bind is still red). I’ve gone back into the Controls and my Delete key did save.

I had to push it only once, though, as the delete key also seems to remove binds as well (I guess it does its job to delete things).

If that doesn’t work, try binding it with the Virtual Keyboard in Windows 10 (to eliminate any built-in keyboard hotkeys?). Here’s a quick article I pulled from Google:

To open the On- Screen Keyboard

Go to Start , then select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard , and turn on the toggle under Use the On- Screen Keyboard . A keyboard that can be used to move around the screen and enter text will appear on the screen . The keyboard will remain on the screen until you close it.