This game and/or sequels would benefit from Co-Op Play

Our assumptions are not false. They are facts. MP makes sense as an option in a racing game, but even here the singleplayer has to be the main feature. A singleplayer RPG is not designed for MP. We have said all. And I only play games that are not fun. They are no bad games - they are the best games!

yeah sure
thanks once again for your input Chessqueen

Not everyone has to agree with comments made, but you do not need to be insulting to those that you disagree with. You like co-op games, great. I do not like co-op games, that is my prerogative. We both have different things we like in a game. and we both can make comments and be respective. It is not that difficult to be civil.

Jeez Glansky read it again, I already highlighted you specifically as being civil and thanked you for it? Maybe take more than 5 seconds to read my post where I LITERALLY address people getting uncivil and you NOT being one of them. Moreover I said I’d take your advice and explore Divinity OS2 myself to see your perspective! How can I be more supportive of your viewpoint without fully agreeing with it?

I’m starting to think this community is full blown ridiculous - can’t even say that MP seems like a good idea without everyone losing their goddamn minds. Warhorse will do whatever the fu(k they want so how about everyone drop the delusion that you have any control over it.

You all clamor amongst yourselves over who can be more @utistic about who can keep their precious baby the purest.

Forget this special school. I’m out.

What we have learned from this is that no one likes the idea of co-op. Glad we got that out of the way.

1 Like

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, please remember that. You and some others on this topic have used language that is undeserving and we all need to remember that civility costs us nothing. If I misspoke then I do apologize. You are well spoken and your comments are not without merit. Co-op is a popular format and I do understand the appeal, but as I stated I find the immersion factor suffers. We are al friends here and we can speak honestly and frankly. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Everything has to be co-op these days. I guess games like GTAV and RDR2 work with both as separate elements, not that i have played the online version. However those games are in a realm of their own.

I think the only bit of kcd that would work as a multi player is if they did jousting tournaments which could also involve some dice games or general medievalling that was entirely separate from the main story. Archery competitions, hunting competitions.

I wouldn’t like to see a watered down single player for the sake of the current co-op fad. I can see why people would want it, but i don’t think it would really work if you want the same quality of emotional involvement with the story and characters because there would always have to be a space for a potential other.

So, it is my opinion that I hope we never get a co-op unless it’s the kinda thing mentioned above. Personally I’d rather they concentrate on creating a great sequel.

Some people don’t like the idea of you playing co-op because it will ruin their immersion, or something.

More realistically, the reason there won’t be co-op is that most people don’t care, and it’s time and effort wasted. The same with VR. There was a very small, but passionate, “Wow, imagine how amazing VR would be in this game!” crowd, but they were the minority, and VR is trash, and most people don’t care.

The same is true of co-op. Most people simply don’t care. So why waste the time and money on it? Just one more thing, on a long list, that will need bug fixing.

There was that group that got the riderless horse MP thing going, so all hope is not lost, but so far nothing that actually works.