This game is a total mess - NO PROPER TUTORIALS! BUGS!

ohhh ya c*nt, if you have nothing to contribute but keep saying things like: …you should try using your brain… instead of expecting the game to tell you everything… better to shut your mouth. Yeah it says go to speak to the lady of the castle, but then later in the game instruction clearly mentions to find shield and A HELMET! Which later on I found out was locked in that wooden chest opposite to shield. Is it so hard to mention that the helmet is somewhere nearby instead of letting player to think it could be anywhere within the castle. Waste of hours. Every website I went to mentions how this game is so realistic, etc… Ridiculous statement. I can’t jump over a tiny bush while riding a horse, I quite often cannot even jump over the fence which is as tall as few inches!!! Realistic my A**

You can jump over bushes and fences - Riding is a Skill like everything else - train it and you’ll get better

I treated Skalitz like a grinding area. Punched cows till I was strong. Picked locks till i could do master locks. Picked every flower I could etc etc.

This mindset got me great start in the game.

And afterward, I returned to Dark Souls with the same mindset, train until you get gud, and finally was able to finish my playthrough! Thank you Warhorse!

About the horse thing. Yes I had the same issue originally. Sprint jumping with horse can be clunky. But if you either walk or stand still your jump is higher with a horse. Besides it’s not meant to be going over shrubbery. But i still get stuck on fences but if i stand still jump or time my jump better i can. The game is quite realistic. Obviously horse was over sighted. But sword and archery is really realistic. Especially armor. My main complaint is combat and how the riposte system doesn’t work for players and master strikes being meta high level. The game is quite realistic, but needs improvement. I have ideas for mods that would make the games combat more enjoyable and more skill based an dnot rng. COUGH master strike COUGH

Crying because you suck at a game…

The guard tell you how to get out.
the lady tell you how to do it and even give you money.
You can simply jump from the drawbridge.
Finally they throw you out if you get caught stealing.

Also it don’t take hours to search the entire castle.

You are complaining about Kunesh? I beat the shit out of him the first time, and in every subsequent playthrough afterwards. He really is not hard to own, even if you are just getting used to the combat mechanics. You want hard?..Try playing Ninja Gaiden…almost impossible to win a fight even if you are very skilled.

Lady Stephanie literally tells you in the dialogue, where you can find everything you need. So does the guard on the gate. Take your time, explore, have fun with the game. Don’t just speed run through it.

There are a lot of videos / tutorials about this game out there. It’s one of the really fun things about the game that you have to try over and over to learn how to do easy stuff, and harder things like combat are… well, even harder. It makes it really satisfying to get good at something like archery.

I do think we should go easy on the OP folks, it’s a hard game and takes practice to learn, the frustration is totally understandable.

Don’t give up! Once you get better at the game, it’s really fun.

2 Likes

I agree with Moldoror ,here. Even after playing the beta for sometime before release, and knowing the game wasn’t designed to guide you step by step, I was not prepared for Kunesh and other things. At Talmberg castle I assumed invisible walls, so never thought to try to jump off the bridge.
By the way, you don’t have to go on foot. take the horse you took from Skalitz.
Only started playing again the other day and there are enough changes to the since I last played that I still get caught flatfooted, sometimes.
If you stay at it and don’t try to rush through, I think you’ll see it’s a hella fun game.
Also saviour schnapps is your friend. It’s frustrating as hell if you haven’t saved for a while and get your ass handed to you, which WILL happen.