This game isnt designed for more than twenty levels

Baldurs gate came out with a few levels and then expanded with additiobal updates…
More story, more levels…

Kingdom Come has a world with playtime- expansions ensure that
Given this game isnt an MMO with infinite playtime…
it doesnt scale like whatever wow or pso gave with lots of levels…

A few levels of character skills (less range in possibility of players skill to affect outcomes in story line and quests with appropriate challenge) makes for a game with a potentially balanced economy and systems to simulate ‘the times/the world’.
Game balance is hard to do on any living systems…
With the game being run en masse we have better chance to be delivered a tougher tuned title.

It is r18. It could afford to consider that in difficulty too. Maybe not for MQ… but there best be a usage of a difficulty tuned for its intended userbase.

Its on track.
Optimisation yee har for all…
game balance… yee har for all (most?)
More levels for character growth… (slow down the requests already!.)

Baldurs gate had areas so difficult you couldnt dare go near them for many hours of playtime.
KCD can do that with expansion content…
Maybe a button on title screen toauto roll a high level character depending on challenge player wants…

It does deserve more.

Backgammon.

A level system should not be too much in focus, instead it should only be a minor thing due to the existence of a level system generally is bad generic casual game design for superheroes where skilling is the only goal.

Kingdom Come is not a MMO where the goal is to level-up. The level system here is only meant as an indicator for Henry’s experience where the goal is to explore the world and focus on the story.

Therefore I think a level system (if it’s even neccessary) should not become a major goal. A good RPG should not be about numbers, points and levels.

I could be wrong here… but I’m thinking what he implied is that the game leaves no room for expansion. Henry is an indestructible god among men by the end of this part of the game. How will act III be any challenge?

I think the main quest is written for playing Henry straight through. If achieving some side quests by requiring certain skill levels to be higher it would achieve more of the intercative story feel a wee bit more immersively.

(Or really Im just shooting my mouth off to create discussion)

Id prefer it if skills helped more for side quest objectives.
It would allow for a play design that encourages user freedom and has that ‘wheres my cheese’/reward via skill locked off treasures but also allows people to play through quickly without penalty. (EgThey miss out on a few trophies or get the ‘b’ ending) & helping the tunable difficulty…

Just adding guns would shake up the balance.

1 Like

You just brought a sword to a gunfight?
Like the scene from Indiana Jones…
That WOULD up the difficulty!