Three BIG issues with the game as it is now, from my point of view

Oh come on… Half the fun of PC gaming is tweaking stuff lol

fixing the core product does nothing to preclude you from modding. have at it

It was just a joke man… don’t go off on me again. lol

Coming back to vent my frustration… a hare contains 23 meat. A deer contains 112 meat. like, seriously?? On Hardcore difficulty? I really think animals should contain less meat. Like, 20 times less.

I agree with he can’t do “file stuf because it’s rediculous”.

It’s extremely easy to install a mod. It’s also pretty easy to open a pak file, adjust a number and save it. If you can’t do that just stick to consoles.

For every person that says it’s too easy there are as many it’s too difficult for. So the developer has to strike a balance between the two to make the game more accessible. That’s why PC gaming is great. You can make the game play exactly the way you want it to.

Like the post right above me… If you don’t want to receive that much meat, you can change it yourself if you are on pc.

If you don’t know how to mod the game or any game do a quick Google search and you’ll probably find step by step instructions somewhere and learn something in the process. It can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be. For instance I had over 100 mods running on Fallout New Vegas. That it is going to cause a lot of conflicts unless you know how to do it and make it run. Not saying it’s hard but it’s a lot more difficult than copying and pasting a mod into a folder like this game requires… Now when they release the dev kit and we start seeing a large amount of mods it’s going to get more difficult to keep them all running. However some nice person out there will probably create a mod merger to do everything for you.

Then you will hafta increase the spawn rate of the animals because some missions require a large amount of meat to be delivered or reduce the amount wanted… Tho I agree 23 from a rabbit is a lot and the deer isn’t as big as an elk so a little bit of a reduction. Seems it would be a balancing act.

edit:spelling

For me personally, I only ever use Steam install or Nexus install.
Changing codes and such is too difficult. I tried it a few times but it never works for me.
I think there are many people who are in the same situation.
Mods don’t always add too much though, in Skyrim they are essential, in Witcher not in the slightest.

Yeah, I though as much. I could decrease meat amount, but that would mean making the “game fetch quests” a bit tedious. I still think a single rabbit should be enough only for semi-full filling. I.e. should contain 4-5 meats or so.

I hate to respectfully disagree, but that’s what difficulty levels are for IF they are done right (which seems to be forgotten art nowadays). As it is, the most supposedly brutal level of difficulty is laughably easy. I shudder to think what “easy” level is in this case. Regarding mods, I know how to mod, but I’d rather prefer I didn’t have to do it. Some things, like meat amounts, might be easy to mod, however if I try to change something more intricate, things might get complicated. For example, the infamous “mid-game power creep”, which I’m beginning to experience, since it seems to be related not only to damage scaling, but, strangely as it may sound, to defense scaling as well. I’ll be digging through files but I really think the devs a reading these forums and will eventually produce a real ‘hardcore mode’.

The most brutal level of the Wticher 3 was also extremely too easy and I don’t remember people bitching about that game… Then they added mods on PC to make it more difficult which just reiterates my point. Add all the different diffculty levels you want someone is still not going to find one they like.

How many difficulty levels did Dark Souls have?

All my games are on steam too and I still mod them. It works the same way… You also have the steam workshop you just click a button and install it.

Dark souls is another beast entirely, the devs basically said “F you, casual gamers”, and that worked. I’m not asking to add many difficulty levels, I’m just saying that The spectrum of difficulty levels is strongly skewed towards easymode and that, IMO, is a fact. “casual gamers” are getting 3-4 modes to choose from, and hardcore gamers are getting 0, or 1, if they are lucky.

Had over 100 mods for skyrim in Nexus mod manager, mod organizer, and then Vortex. The game is fantastic with mods. A pity that some games are just not moddable to the same extent.

These devs set out to do the same thing… Except then they tried to accommodate everyone. First it was lockipicking…was was fine the way it was… Now you have a hardcore mode.

It’s basically was the only thing that made it fun… I think I had 126 myself.

This game will be the same way when the dev kit is released except this game is still fun without them. Someone is supposedly already working on a Game of Thrones overhaul

Have you tried a blindfold?

Someone is BlickMang and last I heard it’s on hold pending mod kit release

Yeah I figured they couldn’t do much right now but I remember them saying they were working on some artwork or something.

Will have to agree with the op on this, the economy and looting in particulary are completly unbalanced.

1 Like