Totally like the Hardcore Mode, but

That’s good. Cuz finding direction is fine except at high noon and night time lol. Sticking to main roads will be almost imperative though without paying really close attention. I’m pretty excited to be honest. I did some realism mods in Skyrim to liven it up a bit

I rode my horse towards Cuman archer, got killed by one shot, seems pretty realistic to me.

3 Likes

You can see them in your skills menu.

Hardcore is fine (so far). My preference though would be that the debuffs were acquired as a consequence of Henry’s actions or exposure to some event/situation.

I wish they would add a compass that you could buy and you would have to pull it out every so often to make sure that you were on track. Having to rely on the sun, bends in roads/rivers, etc. gets very confusing. Especially after combat like a previous poster stated.

@Tylerall5
“I wish they would add a compass that you could buy and you would have to pull it out every so often to make sure that you were on track”
I hoped also there would be a quest in Skalitz where you can find one. You need compasses for the mine shafts.
Had this idea two years ago…:blush:

Ideen die nicht machbar sind | Just for Fun | oder doch?.

open face bascinet it is then

or kettle helm

I’m ok with no compass, but the lack of indication of where you are on the map is rough. It
will take some getting used to.

Yea it’s listed as perks under your Main stat.

Got stir crazy and had to escape Skalitz. Tried to kill Cuman during Run. Whoa. The follower wasn’t tough to kill but messing about with him can certainly get you killed. Next? How many of the other Cuman was I able to put into permanent retirement? Well, stealth killed one of the guys going after Theresa but game didn’t give me credit :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Got on Olena. And then the Henry ass kicking commenced. :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage: I had Skalitz shield, coxcomb, Bavarian hauberk, mail chausses, etc. But, the gear, Henry’s level, and my skill weren’t enough in close against multiple Cuman… bloodbath and the blood was all mine :grimacing::rofl:. Then, tried at range first on foot (lasted a gnat’s life) and then on Olena… got absolutely lit up with arrows :open_mouth::joy:. And, if I didn’t ride like an Olympic champion, they knocked me off :man_facepalming: . Long story short… it got way too hot for me so I ran :slightly_smiling_face: if I had hemophilia, would’ve died in the race to Talmberg.

At a later date, may try again to kill more of the Run Cuman but for now, moving on

1 Like

agreed with this. schnapps is the way forward. its kinda inconsistent to allow autosaves for free in the middle of a quest since they’re not predictable. plus it encourages the player to use alchemy by using ss

Also, with a game that has problems the further you progress and the more saves you compile, who would want it auto saving any more than you already can? The save and exit was a good mechanic, because you can only load it once so it allows you to quit on a whim if something happens in real life but cant really be exploited too easily.

yeah. its hardcore mode, so it should be in control of the player, not the game.

Jump from a cliff, or get killed in another way, and you can use the exit save again. It is somewhat exploitable.

I mean when you save and exit, and reload the game, you cannot reload that same save again…or so it appeared. I have only used it a couple times cuz I usually end my journey in a bed but I recently restarted and used it in the battlemant with Sir Robard in the beginning cuz I wanted some guard armor but there is a high chance of getting caught. So I save and exited, reloaded, failed to knock out a guard and when I went to reload that particular save spot was gone and I had to go back a few minutes to where I woke up from sleeping when Stephanie wakes you up…what I mean is an infinitely available save spot is not attainable through the save and exit feature; unless it is bugged out for me anyway.

as opposed to just pause and save and have infinite tries at a speech option or a fight or what have you.

i was looking for save and exit before and noticed an untoward playline 1 vs 2 interaction. anyhow, long story short, i found a workaround : save and exit didn’t appear so killed the app. upon restart, the save and exit file was there.

but what you’re saying is if I die instead of exiting then the save will stick? So say I botch the stealing armor and then I just fight the guard and eventually die my Save and Exit file will be there? I guess I did just quit so I hadn’t tried that.

It has been that way for me (on PC).