Totally like the Hardcore Mode, but

why the hell did you remove auto saving? The new Hardcore Mode is literally that what I’ve waited for all the time. Minimalistic HUD, no tutorials, improved realism and so forth. But no auto saving completely ruins the experience for me. Why can’t we get all the improvements of the Hardcore Mode with auto saving? Or at least make an option to turn on/off auto saving. And please let us completely customize the HUD.

For the next patch also add volumetric fog, mouse support in dialogs and remove letterboxes for dialogs.

Thanks

1 Like

wouldnt you just use Schnapps? or are you talking about the autosaving after every mission/important story point? Cuz honestly, unless they revamped that, the original set up worked just fine for me. There are beds everywhere and schnapps is easy to make.

If for some reason you did not know the more expensive option of room rental at an Inn is a permanent save spot…so that will help with this issue too. HC mode did just get released though so maybe they’ll tweak it, however autosaves isnt very hardcore lol

1 Like

somnambulist and nightmare penalize sleeping. beyond that, sort of agree … not sure why not having autosaves is problematic … beyond game-system instability concerns

1 Like

I would probably take Claustrophobia and Tapeworm(?) where you have to eat more. Food and sleep were always easy for me to manage even at launch. Minus random crashes like you said but I think i’ve only ever lost an hour or two of real progression vs just having been messing around and then experience an issue. If you’re actively visiting Inns you should have no problem.

my exact choices for playline 2. i plan to use the bell-shaped kettle hat (as long as KCD has horses, i will be a horse archer at heart) and I used to get the overeat icon all the time.

The only downside to this is I wonder how much more intense a head shot will be…like if its realistic and “hardcore” not wearing a helmet may prove waaaaaaaay more detrimental than in previous runs. Loose arrow, headshot, done…that would suck

So for clarification,
You can save only in beds and the game will never save the game automatically after missions, incoming and completed events?

it seems from some depictions there were pikemen who used to wear open bascinet or kettle hats… so why not try to do the realism bit myself

I havn’t started yet but I would assume is it how it was at launch. Schnapps and a bed you are entitled to(ie Rattay Mill, Talmberg Castle, Rattay there is a bed I think you can use, and any Inn room you purchase). Plenty of save options.

I’m not sure how camps work now but I swear I was getting auto saves in charcoal burner camps early on

that’s my understanding. so after i talked with Martin/Dad, the sys didnt save (as it does in normal mode)

I suppose you could get an open faced helmet, I just went straight to the no helmet mindset…good call

Is there a way to see what perks you picked after started the save? Since im not 100% what I picked, but I think it was Brittle Bones(I hope I did not misunderstood that, it only counts for fall damage and not in combat right?..) and Claustrophobia, since I never use a full helmet with visor and everything anyway…

kk, Thank you, both of you.
Maybe a possibility that they changed the point of saves?

I can only say to hardcore modes that “The Long Dark” is built entirely on such difficulty.
and i have to say that, the first time i was very sceptical against such a game but over time The Long Dark is one of my favorite games.
And somehow the hardcore mode has to be different to the normal difficulty levels. And in KCD, there are not thousands of ways to accomplish this. But that are only my thoughts about it.

It’s not so much “hardcore” as it is “realistic”…realistically he would have had to use the sun and landmarks to gauge everything…as for saving I would say people complained so hard at first that they amended it to make saves happen like in all RPGs and when they released their hardcore mode they just reverted back to their original idea. Originally it was supposed to be a no hand holding game with as much realism and historical accuracy as possible while still being able to have an interactive story.

I’ma start a hardcore mode but honestly the navigation will probably be my biggest downfall, I have 0 sense of direction in games where, especially during combat, you move so much but have no actual feel of where/how you moved

If you keep your Theresa questline open, you’ll always know where south is

2 Likes

That’s good. Cuz finding direction is fine except at high noon and night time lol. Sticking to main roads will be almost imperative though without paying really close attention. I’m pretty excited to be honest. I did some realism mods in Skyrim to liven it up a bit

I rode my horse towards Cuman archer, got killed by one shot, seems pretty realistic to me.

3 Likes

You can see them in your skills menu.

Hardcore is fine (so far). My preference though would be that the debuffs were acquired as a consequence of Henry’s actions or exposure to some event/situation.

I wish they would add a compass that you could buy and you would have to pull it out every so often to make sure that you were on track. Having to rely on the sun, bends in roads/rivers, etc. gets very confusing. Especially after combat like a previous poster stated.