Tournaments and Duels with Friends

I know KCD is a singleplayer RPG, and I KNOW tournaments and in-game weapons training is being implemented, however, I feel that those experiences would be a lot more fun with a friend (player 2). Not connected to the singleplayer game, but rather an option underneath, a vs. mode if you will. Imagine being in a tournament or duelling a friend, or perhaps being trained together by a weapons master. This would give fans the opportunity to involve their friends, and show them how awesome the game really is! I know if I went to a friends place and they said to me, “I’ve got this realistic medieval game, and it has a multiplayer tournament mode! Wanna check it out?” I would definitely be up for it, and probably buy it ASAP! However, I know this isn’t as easy to place into the game as I make it sound. What are your thoughts on it guys? Would you be keen for a tournament or duel multiplayer mode?

friends ? my social life will cease to exist the day this game comes out .

5 Likes

I would totally support the Idea of a tournament mode and its also already been said that they want to develop such a mode. Maybe not in Act I already but I believe and hope that it is going to come in the next acts or as a seperate download or something like this. But since it was a Stretch goal it might even come in Act I

1.500.000$ Tournament Mode - ACHIEVED
We are proud of the innovative combat in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. While our title is primarily a story-based game, the combat mechanics are very deep for those that are interested in seriously honing their skills. If we reach this stretch goal, we shall add a special Tournament mode, where you can don any equipment you like, choose your opponent or opponents and enter a medieval tournament and try to win by authentic rules.

It would add a lot to the game. I really liked the tournaments in Mount&Blade and I think if warhorse is going to develop such a mode its gonna be a lot better not only because it will be more realistic!

there are actually more threads about this:

1 Like

Touchet … that was good :slight_smile:

@janfo Dazu gab es schon massig Diskussionen, bin auch 100%ig dafür. Als Mehrspieler wäre es DER Bringer, ein Alleinstellungsmerkmal, fast der Stoff für ein eigenes Spiel. Aber - vorerst kein Multiplay und dann: wie kommt der arme Sohn eines Schmiedes oder eine Müllerstochter jemals in die Kreise, zwischen denen zu dieser Zeit Turniere veranstaltet wurden…? Mal abgesehen von dem Vermögen für Ross und Rüstung. Bestenfalls Knappe, das könnte klappen, macht zum spielen aber kaum Spaß. Dieses Stretch-Goal war ein sehr heißes Eisen…vielleicht zu heiß.

In addition there was already massive discussions,'m also 100% sure. As more players it would be THE Bringer, a unique feature, almost the stuff of your own game. But - for now no multiplay and then: how the poor son of a blacksmith or a miller’s daughter ever comes into the circle, between which at that time tournaments were held …? Aside from the ability for horse and armor. At best, squire, that could work, makes the play but hardly fun. This stretch goal was a very hot iron … maybe too hot

hehe these thinly veiled salesmen talks always get me. it’s like they don’t think their suggestions are good enough on their own they have to convince people it’s going to help sell the game. :smile:

1 Like

unfortunately results in google-translator has no fixed meaning, sorry for me English.
But at the end of the game must be sold, I suppose. With or without ideas from whomever. Think everyone here in the forum is a pioneer and represents a buyer target group of different thickness (volume). Sympathy with the developers I use as Backer times ahead, so what better panel for market research can be a developer want? :wink:

OMG google translator is a catastrophy xD