Treasure maps: worth it?

Love the game, but can’t decide whether to start doing treasure maps? I purchased two and not sure if worth the time/effort getting junk. I get that they add another layer of immersion, but I can’t decide if I need the gold. not sure if I need the items in the chests to advance beyond my current level of 14.

Thanks!

You can get skill books and special dice too. As well as other free recipes. I don’t know if you are bothered about collecting the dice.

Having the maps isnt really worth it, especially if you have to pay for them. All treasure can be found without them. None of the treasures will give you a serious advantage. The warhorse armor set is good for starters, but not for late game, you can do better by keeping your gear maintained.

Treasure maps take you to parts of the map where quests do not, some surprises and some duds.

Some of them have interesting stats, others not so much. For me there were maybe two items I swapped because I started them at the end game. I saw other people showing some crazy stats from treasures. I didn’t find all, so it’s possible you will find something worthy, at least unique looking.

For some of them you need to be pretty good with lockpicking.

It was no problem for me since I maxed it pretty fast. But yeah, you do not know which ones are hard and which easy.