Trouble getting mods to work

Has anyone else had trouble getting mods to work? I tried downloading some mods on this game but when I started a new game they are not working. I downloaded a rebalance mod and a mod that increases encounters. I extracted the files to C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Mods but I didnt have any luck actually getting them to work. Help?

Are the mods updated to work with the current patch?

I’ve never had a problem getting mods to work for the game. However, if you have two or more mods that alter some shared lines they will become incompatible. Lets say you download one mod that has faster run speed and then to down load and install another mod that indirectly alters one line of run speed neither mod will work. And if that’s the case you will need to install some sort of compatibility utility that merges both of those or all mods together.

How the Mods in the Mod folder should look like,

You can create such a mod_order.txt to sort them and enable/disable specific ones,
(I recommend the file to ensure functionality)

One of my installed mod folders (Camping Mod by SimranZenov)
As you can see, there is a file called, mod.manifest
This file is intended for the engine and can be seen as a kind of Windows registry entry,
or is comparable to such a entry

When the following lines are written in the mod.manifest files, remove them.
< supports >
<kcd_version>X.Y.Z</kcd_version>
</ supports >

Create the missing files or remove the version entries from
mod.manifest and it should maybe solve your problem.
regards,
rataj

Are these Mods updated to work with your current version

Yes they are! you can use mods upon release version and they are all useable if they got an update.
If the Mod isnt updated to 1.9.1 or higher they wont work until you or the author made an update to the actual game files/scripts.
Look at the descriptions of the preferred mod on nexus and you will find the desire information if they are compatible.

Hi! I made a noob mistake. I was extracting all instead of extracting here, thus creating an unnecessary folder and rendering the mod useless. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: