True Henry’s short sword?

The Henry’s short sword is ture?Not careful will cut my hand?

Normally it´s blunt. I´m pretty sure that´s not allowed to sell and ship a sharp one (in every Country in Europe).

1 Like

If you are planning to go in any mall to do bad things, no this wont be possible I guess :wink:

1 Like

Nah, its perfectly possible to buy sharp sword here in Czech Republic :slight_smile: (I bought one recently)

Different laws in different countries in regard to (sharp) swords

Ours swords are sended blunt and not sharpened. We want to avoid happy litte accidents :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You are very wrong!

Actually, in most European countries you CAN possess swords! Actually, in most countries there isn’t ANY legal difference if the sword is blunt or sharp.

I live in Bulgaria and it is free regime for bladed/blunt weapons here. Not only I can own a sword, but I can also carry it in my car or in my person (of course it has to be sheathed in public). I’m almost sure that in Czech Republic or in Poland the law is more or less the same. I know people from France, UK and Switzerland who own and practice with sharp swords as well, although I don’t know if they can carry them in public.

So to say that in every European country you can’t own swords is just ridiculous.

@warhorse, @DrFusselpulli - it is very sad that you generalized your supporter base on this sword topic. Not everyone who wants to play Deliverance is 18-20 who hasn’t held a weapon in his hand. Just because someone somewhere can’t own a sharp sword (or doesn’t want to) doesn’t mean that you had to make ALL swords blunt. Really, this is very unfortunate and may I say even unfair. After I read this, I’m glad that I didn’t buy a more expensive edition… I’m most certain that once upon a time your team told the public that whoever orders a sword edition of the game, he personally has to decide whether he wishes to receive a sharp or a blunt sword. Now you changed the scheme, again. I was one of the first supporters of KC:Deliverance. Seeing another one of these “old” promises go away just grinds my gears. I know it is probably very hard to deliver everything you promised, but please try to keep your word whenever possible. And here it is possible, I can assure you.

Please make sure that you don’t go into such generalization when deciding the gameplay aspects. I mean, I will hate to hear thing like “there are console gamers who find it hard to press several keys at a time, so we included a quick time event instead… press X, view a pre-scripted animation and be done with it” …

Thanks in advance!

P.S. For anyone who wants to expand his legal knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation

Hi, I m sure that was not mentioned from anybody. What Blacksmith said was that usually it is not allowed to ship sharpen weapons cross borders. Im sure you are allowed to do so with special custom declaration and delivery declaration. Then you can also ship guns. But Bakers mostly are not owning a weapon certificate. I have to admit I dont know the rules and laws in Bulgaria, can tell you only about Germany, France and Austria. :frowning:

2 Likes

lol yeah learn to read.

@Blacksmith never mentioned possession.

@Jlyga_u_onacHa
it´s like @Phaidon said.

I have a friend who has a online shop for “decoration” weapons.
He sells only blunt weapons (Germany, Austria) because there are too much administrative barriers selling sharp weapons (in Germany).

Check your link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation

in Germany:
“Knives classed as cutting and thrusting weapons are generally restricted to possession and use on private property, and may not be carried in public or at certain public events.”

But selling and shipping is another thing. To much trouble with the police…

Europe is not Germany, friends!

I can’t care less what is the law there. Sorry if your country is oppressive in that regard… fight for your right I can suggest!

What I wanted to clarify is that every country makes it own laws, so it is not fair to impose these blunt sword limits where they don’t belong.

@McWonderBeast you are rude. Learn to write.

@Phaidon I get your point, but that’s not entirely valid as well. Blades are no guns and the procedures are different. I’ve bought swords from France, Switzerland, UK, Finland, Austria and many more places, both private or company sales. Only sharp swords. Everything came easily enough via postal service or GLS courier. Guns ship a lot more harder, a lot more harder with proper licenses and pre-determined conditions. Blades don’t require a license.

And as I said above, most jurisdictions don’t make a difference for blunt or sharp blades. Read the exact law articles for your country if you don’t believe me. Most often, if there is an article about knives/swords, it often limits carry or blade length or blade type. I still haven’t seen an legal article which limits the sharpness. Not that it ain’t possible to exist somewhere, but still…

And this topic is finished, at least for me. @warhorse didn’t act fair as far as I’m concerned, they choose the easy path, no the proper path. Not that everyone couldn’t get their swords sharpened later nonetheless, but still this isn’t the right act from the company which once promised that everyone has the right to make their own choice. And because it is becoming almost usual for devs to change their initial promises, this just went past my point of tolerance. I stayed silent and waited, as many other backers, but every time when there are some news and confirmations, they come up with something which doesn’t feel right, gameplay related or otherwise.

Take care everyone and good luck!

Same to you! And allways be careful with sharp items :wink:

I’m very sorry my questions that you have a bad mood.

I wonder what Hollands rules are for shipping and owning a sword… better check it now.
I hope I don’t have to pay any extra tax or anything. I know it’s all inside the EU but still… they never seem to have enough tax money…

Btw, sorry for necroing this post :stuck_out_tongue: