Turning pro - hopefully sooner than later

That’s what I want to do and as Steven Pressfield writes in his book “Turnin pro”:

The amateur tweets. The pro works.

I need to heavily refocus my time and giving away responsibilities is an important step for this since I want to turn pro and really need to do it now, not later. Although I call myself a gamer I haven’t played much in recent weeks and months. Instead I read more books in the past weeks than I did in the past years, I’ve learned a lot for my personal future (e.g. if you want to get rich, get a financial IQ, Robert T. Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad Poor Dad” might be an eye-opener) but now I need to practice more on my future profession.

That’s why I’m requesting @DrFusselpulli to take my administrative rights. I’ve already taken my moderator rights. Just don’t delete me, I will visit the forum now and then.

I hope that I served well as a mod. If not, just start the bashing here. I’ll read it sometime later. I love the warhorse team and the community.

Cheerio,
Yuusou

3 Likes

@YuusouAmazing
Thank you for your support. And good luck.

1 Like

Good luck , in your chosen profession .

stay focused on that goal and dont worry about all the rough shitty parts in between :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best of luck to you sir.

Cheers and good luck with your future mate.
Yes - you were a great mod :sunglasses:
C.

1 Like

All the best Yuusou

Long live the King :crown:

Good luck whatever you do!

@YuusouAmazing you so amazing!

Oh, its sad to hear about that @YuusouAmazing, you were a great support on the team and it was a pleasure to meet you on gamescom.
Anyway, I wish you all the best to your future, and I don´t will delete you. No worries. :smiley:
You are welcome here whenever you want.

Thank you. :smile:

1 Like

Just to make sure everyone got that right: I will return from time to time but I just wanted to let go of any responsibility and control here in this forum. I will take a look around sometimes, but not that often.

Right now in front of me, I’ve got a book lying around that wants to be read. Then there’s another… and another… and another. I want to make music, create unique melodies that nobody in the AAA game industry is looking for. They all want that crappy “Make it sound epic / sad / orchestral” type of music, that nobody will remember in 10 years, and at the same time they don’t ask about uniqueness for their game. I have a very diverse musical taste, but for my creations I’ll concentrate on small combos or solo instruments at first, come up with some unique melodies once I got the tools and knowledge that I need to get started.

I hope that @valtajan keeps his promise and will transform my real name into a tune, probably for some cuman theme. I haven’t played the 0.4 Alpha that much so I don’t know if he already did. That means I’ll always be around even if you don’t see me. :smile:

I’ll share some stuff once I get something done… well there is some stuff more or less finished, but not worth showcasing. That’s what I’m working on, that’s one of my five life goals. I can guarantee you: once you cut your life goals down to five you’ll put more energy and power to each of them and more likely succeed in achieving each of them.

1 Like

How are you doing, Andreas? Have you already heard your theme (A - n - D - re - A - Ab) in our Beta? I hope so. I wrote you via Twitter but seems you’re not around…

Let me know what you think about it!

Cheers, Jan.

1 Like