Unable to save, game hangs (PC Version) *Solved*

Immediately after using a bed to save, the game gets stuck on a black loading screen. If schnapps are used to save, the game gets stuck on the screen in the attached screenshot. This only occurs on my most current saved game. I have tried deleting old saves of each type, but that didn’t help.

Any ideas on how I can salvage this save?

Backup and then delete all of your old saves then try it. Nevermind you said you already tried that lol Sounds like a corrupt save file. You can probably kiss that one goodbye. sorry

Download and use this mod… https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1

1 Like

Oh I only deleted a handful of old saves, I’ll go try backing up and deleting everything now. And thanks for the link, I’ll try saving via that method as well.

No problem. It makes a night and day difference. You can save at anytime. Even if you don’t want to abuse it, it still helps with saving bugs.

1 Like

What quest were you up to? Because I’m having the same issue on PC after the latest update, but keep getting told it’s quest specific by other users.

Dude you are a HERO! I can actually save again and it’s thanks to that mod. I did do some additional stuff though:

I backed up all my saves, then deleted all but my latest one. Then I went and loaded it up, deleted it from the in-game load menu, and then immediately saved via that unlimited saving mod.

I’m sure the mod did the trick because before installing it I did all of the above steps except I tried saving via sleeping in a bed. Didn’t work. So yea man, thanks again for the link. :grinning:

Great! Glad you got it figured out!

Just solved it actually, take a look at my other post in this thread for steps.

I’d rather not mod my game ahaha. Bugger

I understand but that mod is really a life saver and won’t effect the game at all really. It’s also extremely easy to remove.

To each their own, but to answer your earlier question, the seemingly corrupted save game was an autosave during the quest, “The House of God - Seeking Zmola”.

1 Like

That’s exactly where it’s happened. After catching the guy that dropped the brick and letting him live.

1 Like

Exactly there, yup me too.

Fix it with the save mod then delete the mod if you don’t want to use it.

That’s exactly where it’s happened. After catching the guy that dropped the brick and letting him live.

Iv got same issue with save. I dont use any mods… :confused: DEV FIX SOMETHING PLX!:cry:

I can save before I kill that Zola or whatever he is called… after fight with him and his dead game bug on saving in any time… in bed, with autosave mode and and with snapps… FKN FIX IT OMG… so anoying… I cant play…

1 Like

Same here exactly, just I am playing in console.
After I kill Zmola… I cannot save my game anymore! Soooo annoying!