Updated Beta version

So… When are we getting an updated beta version of the game?

i managed to play it just now actually. i like it. i can 7 FPS at a 640 rezolution.

Nope, there won’t be any beta updates. Release date is currently unknown, but i would place my bets on sometime around Christmas.

3 Likes

what? no more update on the alpha/beta? that’s borderline false advertising to the backers like me who paid extra for alpha and beta! :-/

You paid the same or less for alpha access than the current digital access to Beta. There was a discount for backers. Those who paid slightly less then had to pay the full difference to access beta if they had gone for final only (soldier tier).

The type of beta you had access to is the most useful type. An early slice where (early) feedback can still be incorporated into design planning, rather than only polish and bug fixing.

While I’d love to have a pre-release opportunity to make a new test/report cycle on the current code, I don’t think that this would be worth delaying the title by months to cast a new non-spoilery slice from the newest code branch.

I’ve had enough time in game to not be disappointed with my backing/purchase already, and now the final game is gravy. (I could still be disappointed with the performance/design choices of the final game, but I’ve spent much more money on less gameplay before, and I think I should like a developed version of what we have seen already…).

I’ve managed to make 21 novel reports on Redmine, and had changes made as a response to several of these (with most ‘already fixed in internal version’) plus added detail to a number of other reports.

3 Likes