V1.7.1.1001H - game crashes constantly, unable to play (PC Version)

Running an AMD 3.90 Ghz Quad Core, 16 gb ram, windows 10 pro x64, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti. I’ve played for 400+ hours and gone through 2 tournaments.

Anyway, today - 10/28/18 - I log in, load my game, and try to travel to another town (leaving Pribislavitz … or however it’s spelled) heading to anywhere else. Fast travel causes an instant-crash at Rovna or near the herbalist at Uzhitz. Manually riding/running, I can get to merhojed before it crashes. The “crash” is just an imediate dump to my desktop. I am running through GOG Galaxy. V1.2.47.

2 Likes

Since the newest update I have also been experiencing more crashes on PS4. Mainly for me it has been when trying to talk to or complete certain side quests I never got around to before and on the From Ashes DLC. Whenever I try to put another addition onto my settlement, for example, it just crashes immediately. It’d be nice if these crashing issues were finally fixed.

tried the verify?
Back save one or more?
I haven’t tried that patch on my old quad core athalon x4 . I now have just recently a Ryzen 7 2700 and do not have crashes and am also on GoG.

I may be having a similar issue. Does the crash always happen at a specific in-game time on that specific day regardless of what you do (fast travel, walk/ride, just stand there, go back to a previous day through gamesave and wait 24h, etc)?

That’s what’s been happening to be, same type of crash as you. No idea of the cause or how to fix it, have tried all the usual stuff.

No crashes for me. Game runs absolutely stable. Have the GOG version too.

I wish I could not play

I have the same issue, played the game for 30 hours and since yesterday it crashes constantly

Same for my wife’s game - she’s rock stable. I built us identical computers, though she runs WIN 10 home version. She is quite a bit back in the story though, as she recently started playing.

I continued with my 1.6 savegame on Win10 Pro 1809.

same issue for me, constantly crashing at certain points in sidequests and dialogs on 5 different playthroughs
turning graphics all the way down occasionally fixes it but more often just makes the crash happen 30 seconds later instead
win 10
gtx 1080ti
i7 8770k
16gb
250gb SSD
Asus ROG maximus motherboard

no mods

The game used to crash quite a bit for me on previous patches but never at the same exact moment every time

that win 10 patch (1809) was pulled for being a very badly made one. 1803 was the one before it and safe.

Running build 1803 - I suspect they pulled 1809 from mine. Anyway, I backed my saved game way up - undoing a week of playing and questing. Seems to have worked so far. We’ll cross our fingers.

There is also crash always with ending of the tournament second round (infinite loading screen). Sometimes after latest patch I cannot holster my bow or unmount horse. Never early get these bugs.

My specs: i7 4790k 4,2ghz, 8gb DDR 3 1600mhz, gtx 980 MSI Gaming OC, Samsung EVO 850 512gb SSD.

Worked for about a day, and back to crashing constantly.

Hallo,

I play the game since a few weeks. And now the game crashes at “Game Day” 82,6 to “Game Day” 83 at 4 am in the morning constantly. I have reload a save game before that Day (Day 81) and have wait one day and nothing happens. After that i have wait one more day, day 82 again, and the game crashes again at 4 am in the morning! I have sleept, skiped the time and normal played, but at 4 am on day 83 the game always crashed.

Now I am at the quest “under enemies” and “path of enlightenment” .

My specs: Win 10 64bit, intel I 5 ivy bridge, Radeon R9, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD; GOG version

2 Likes