Video Update: Armor and RPG :)

We have a new video update:

It does have subtitles in: EN, CZ, GER, FR, PL and RU.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Amazing video :slight_smile:
Just one question, there are 4 weapon slots - weapon, shield, bow and arrow. Shouldn´t be there also dagger slot, or is it shared with shield slot? I feel like it should have its own slot on waist or smthng :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice and great job!

1 Like

I back you up on this!
A dagger slot will be great, but still, since you can’t dual wield, it has to be armed with a separate button in your weapon hand. So that, depending on your situation, you might draw your sword or just a dagger for a quick backstab. :wink:

2 Likes

Dickes Lob an das gesamte Team! Sehr schönes Video und es freut mich, dass der deutsche Untertitel direkt mit dabei ist. Schade fand ich für mich, dass es nicht soviele neue Infos gab. Das meiste war mir schon bekannt, allerdings ist das Wissen hier im Video schön gebündelt.

Wird es denn jetzt wieder regelmäßiger Video Updates geben? Ich würde mich über einen erneuten Einblick in euer neues Studio freuen oder ein paar neue Gesichter und woran die gerade arbeiten. Hachja, es steckt soviel Liebe in dem Spiel und bei jedem Videostart löst allein schon die Melodie meine ganze Vorfreude auf dieses Spiel aus ;D. Ich wünsche euch noch gaanz viel spaß beim entwickeln und ich übe mich weiter in Geduld. :blush:

2 Likes

Looks great, nice update.
Take your time and make a great game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice vid guys.

Looking really good.

Nice spot. And a sensible idea as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Things mentioned in this videoupdate sounds good, especially the last part about other than armour clothing :slight_smile: It might offer nice variety of choices. :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

So now we have a clothing system and RPG system. But what next? The most logical thing would be develop the game into the medieval simulation game, either as Medieval Simcity, or as Medieval Sims. Both would be great :white_sun_small_cloud:

1 Like

I am quite disappointed! To be honest there are no new informations in this update. All was said before. Nothing new.

Also the game was delayed three times. (planned releases Q4 2015, Q2 2016, Q4 2016, 2017) That can piss off lot of backers.

Lot of promises from Kickstarter failed. 1) release date 2) beta format 3) no publisher 4) first release for PC and THEN on consoles etc…

5 Likes

Updates like this make me glad I have backed this game. Just hope I will eventually be able to enjoy it on the platform of my choice!

Okay now we know why most of the mens are skinheads in the game…
because of the chainmail.
Its easier to put the chainmail on if you have no hair. :smile:

Two comments about the armor and clothing.

1. Why looks the blood on the armor weird?

Because the blood is only on the part of the clothes/armor you are hitting with your weapon!
The blood must come for the body of the enemy. The chainmail must also be bloody and the gambeson beneath.
At the moment it looks like the blood is seeping through the plate armor, but everything underneath is clean.

2. Head damage!

There are differnt body zones where you can put armor on it. But the complete head is only one zone and that´s a problem. Most helmets let the face open and without cover. There should be a differnt zone for the face!
At the moment (beta), it makes no difference if you hit your opponent on the helmet or middle in the (uncovered)face.

You can test this with arrows in the beta. If the NPC wears no helmet, you need only one arrow for a kill (if you are strong enougth). If the NPC wears a helmet you need at least 2 or 3 arrows into the face (or the remaining head).

If the foe has no visor, you should be able to kill him with only one arrow or one stab into his face!

(It looks weid if a NPC attacks you with 2 arrows in his face.)

7 Likes

Actually I am not sure that I agree. One penetration into the brainstem may kill fairly quickly. Strikes to the face - not so much. Even strikes to the head which pass through the brain haven’t always been immediately incapacitating in the context of duelling (as well as hits to the heart or lungs).

Helmets should protect the upper head, and the face is less immediately dangerous as a wounded area than the upper skull or neck.

1 Like

Yes, a dagger would be nice as a backup weapon, if your character is disarmed or your sword breaks during the combat. Maybe also for a finishing move against a downed heavy armored opponent, showing where you place the killing stab at a weakspot.

1 Like

So should there be 3 zones? Skull, face and neck? Or 4 zones with splitting the face in upper and lower face?

I agree with the lower face from the cheeks bones down, there a blow maybe hits the spine, aorta or trachea but is unlikely to hit the brain. From the cheeks bones up, there is the upper face and there a hard stab is likely to hurt the brain.

1 Like

Any strong strike to the head, let alone a stab. with a sharp object is death or serious incapacitation. The trauma from the strike will be so hard that it will be impossible to continue the fight - either the person will fall unconscious or fall to the ground with burning pain in the head, resulting in a quick incapacitation from blood loss or shock. So, any solid strike with weapon to an open face should result in combat over. That’s why smart (rich) people wear full helmets.

1 Like

Definitely not true. Many examples of duellists being struck in the face and continuing. Even some being struck in the eyes with penetration of the brain and killing their assailant with continued fencing…

Injuries are not generally instantly effective even if mortally wounding.

I have to agree myself here, just like the “E3 presentation” this just seems like more sales pitches for those who have yet to back the game and haven’t been following the development.

4 Likes

The armor system is like Ogres 0_o

Can the devs elaborate on the visible damage? I really hope it won’t be just some generic all over texture that will look the same every single time

1 Like

Do you know how much work this already is? :frowning:

4 Likes