View stabilization (KCD absolutely needs this!)

Hello guys,

Have a look at what was just added to another Cry Engine game, Star Citizen:

I can see KCD really benefitting from using a similar technology to make player movements & looking around a really smooth experience :slight_smile:

What do you think? :slight_smile:

Groovy touch this View Stabilization! So did they just smoothed camera movements for head animations or is there some more sophisticated tech behind it?

AFAIK it’s a system that smoothes out movements whilst allowing for instant & precise aiming and it also helps with a steady FPS :slight_smile:

Star Citizen needs this because the camera was located in the “eye” of the model, leading to the First Person View bobbing in all directions.

They introduced a fix.

AFAIK, I had no problem with the camera in KCD so not sure the issue Star Citizen had applies to it

In case someone is interested,
I came across this video where StarCitizen developers talk about this:

SC needs it more because of the tight ‘built’ environment with corridor running. Close objects move more in the FOV when the eye moves.

Not sure that I see any issue with KCD in this respect. Buildings are less frequent and usually smaller - not requiring as much movement inside them. While there is some movement in wooded areas or near other vegetation, but this doesn’t for me cause the same movement issues as corridors - as vegetation tends to move in the real world even when the viewer is very still.

I they want give support to VR they really need needed.