Waiting to see Trosky castle

From what I saw, in a short youtube video, Act III will be an expansion of the current game rumored to be released in 2021, I hope sooner, I looked at Troskey castle in Prague , its a crumbling pile of bricks So warhorse will have to dig deep for an accurate re-creation of it. Prague has some awesome castles and estates, not in kingdom comes timeline though. I cannot find anything on it though, Seems KCD is fading away all posts and videos end around feb 2019, I cannot find anything current from the Developers about act III. I know they struck oil with KCD, I hope they don’t just take the money and run.

Act III is not planned. Forget about acts now. Expansion is also not planned, all DLCs were released already. Trosky Castle was teased by Dan Vavra but is not confirmed to be part of sequel or any info about sequel, is it coming now or are they first working on another ID?.. We do not know. Keep watching their live streams, you will find your answers.

that’s what worries me though is that nothing new has been posted. One can only hope. Take a look , tell me what you think.

What makes you say so? I know people have been sent offers to engage in translation of the script of the sequel.

Just small note: Trosky (not Troskey, and it means “ruins”) are not in the Prague but about 60 km North-East from there.

1 Like

Fixed, Well its 3 days ride to trosky, so I hope to see it soon

Forget about expansions and dividing to acts. Next game will be full sequel, they didn’t say anything yet, but people in Warhorse are surely working on it.

Btw this is how Trosky castle looked in middle ages, pretty impressive.

trosky

2 Likes

Acts are cancelled. Just listen developers. They have decided so before release of KCD.

1 Like

Acts can be canceled alright. It doesn’t mean that there is no sequel planned. And the fact they are denying it, doesn’t mean it as well.

Sad to say, it will take a while, the game is amazing, enjoyable on so many levels, but, they will have to iron out those wrinkles with pole arms and rendering. I just hope the writing is as good, This game is so three dimensional with its storyline its incredible. I loved Johankas story, where you had to be a lawyer, build a case, talk to witnesses, council your client
Wow it was like an episode of Law and Order. Simply Awesome.

3 Likes

Thank you for this pic, I only found photos that show those crumbling towers. I wonder if this is J.R.R. Tolkiens inspiration for Gondor

I did not write they are not making sequel. Read with understanding please. I am not gonna explain to you three times in a row.

1 Like

I’ve never said you did. I read with enough understanding. Just stop implying and assuming.

How it could be inspiration for Gondor? :smiley:

Because its built into a mountain, like Gondor.

:smirk::popcorn:

1 Like

I doubt he knew that it exists. There are many castles on rock in the world.

And that’s why I used the word Wonder, it reminds me more of minas tirith in gondor. It tempting to make a minias tirith style keep for henry
he deserves it.

Im looking forward to exploring that castle aswell. And yeah, the lack of communication of the devs is kinda disapointing. But we know KCD 2 is in the works. And I’m sure their dev diary’s and perhaps livestreams will start again next year.

It isn’t confirmed by name but in a Q2 Interim Report of the Embracer Group. (owners of Deep Silver and THQ Nordic among others) they have ‘teased’ some top secret projects, among which is a project by Warhorse Studios. With 2 AAA titles being released in Fiscal Year 20/21, If you look at the list of depicted games, not that many triple A games on there. (that and another 4A game, which im really curious about)

Page 11 and 19.

4 Likes

I agree. KCD is a masterpiece. It was a shame that they self-inflicted harm on themselves and their IP with the rocky launch, and I don’t say that to be mean or petty or vindictive. When I first saw the game as a trailer I was instantly interested and put it in my wishlist. Then when it launched, maybe a month afterward, I did my due diligence and checked out what was being said in the cybersphere about the game. The news was obviously not good, though from a reasonable standpoint it was clear that the situation was salvageable and it did in fact turn out to be. At this stage, from my perspective playing the game only very lightly modded on Win 7 with a very strong rig: nearly flawless in terms of performance, or at least ‘very high performant.’ I think in the last 100 hours since coming back I may have had two inexplicable crashes and the fairly infrequent ‘glitches’ are generally quite minor and unintrusive and quickly ‘fix themselves.’ None of this is to say that the game is “perfect,” few if any ever get to that stage, although for the standards of its day, System Shock 2 was arguably pretty close to that. Civilization III was also pretty close to that standard of “Perfect,” so even though it is arguably an unattainable aspiration some developers manage to get their creations pretty damn close.
All this to say, Warhorse has some room to up their game, even though the end result of what they have produced is exceptional and very high quality.
Some areas where I think they need to seriously consider alternative design philosophies:

1. Interactivity: presently, the game is highly narrative based and that is a good thing. It also, remarkably offers an extraordinary degree of ‘open-world’ player freedom and role-playing, which is even more extraordinary. Few RPGs seem to get this close to an ideal balance between those two design ethos: A. Cinematic Linearity; and B. Open World / Survival. They are to be applauded for this, however, I think there is still some room for improvement in some major areas and a few minor areas. The experience of prologue on my first playthrough was, quite literally, enraging, and it was only because of how obviously lovingly crafted the whole thing was that I didn’t just give up. Luckly, once you’ve made it through all the cinematic linearity in the prologue, there is a great deal of open-world on offer, but again, if you follow the narrative, you are led back into a lot of highly canalized (and arguably irritatingly so) cinematic linearity. Perhaps I’m in a minority in my reaction in this regard, but I doubt that the minority I represent is ‘trivial’ from a marketing standpoint. The nitty gritty details of design are something that is up to them, it is their IP, but I’m just here to say: they would benefit their own product and market performance if they considered ways in which to ‘smooth out’ the rough and irritating transitions between cinematic linearity and open-world stages of game play. Arguably making fewer resorts to long, highly scripted and narrow player threshold of success cinematics would be a grand idea. To make clear what I’m trying to specify with an example. The first time I ever played the game, when I fled Skalitz the FIRST thing I tried to do was to cross the river behind Theresa’s house and sneak up from inside her house to save her. Obviously this was impossible as they found it necessary to place invisible barriers there. A recent video by one of their great fans “Sexy Biscuit” offers a humorous analysis of the various methods they employed in cinematic linearity in this stage of the game, and while I too can ‘laugh now,’ and the time I was experiencing all of these ‘invisible barriers’ for the first time I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. For a game that clearly has strived for “naturalism” if not realism, invisible barriers are a gigantic contradiction and it is understandable if some of us players took them at their ‘word’ on the ‘intent to strive for naturalism’ claim and then experienced irritation and progressively ire as we kept bumping into the invisible barriers. This is bad design in the sense that it gives the user mixed messages. If it had somehow been obvious when invisible barriers were being imposed then the negative reaction of some users could be mitigated to some extent. But the ideal of course is that: the way the narrative and gameplay are woven together there is minimal need to make resort to ‘invisible barriers.’ For a first product, with backers and publishers breathing down the necks of a first time studio, it is understandable if the final product erred on the side of ‘whatever was quickest and easiest to get finished and polished.’ But for a second product, I hope they will strive for a higher standard of excellence. This is my most serious critique of the game.
    A less egregious (in the sense that it does not involve user experience during the early ‘honeymoon’ phase of user relation to the game) example of badly tweaked and rough ‘interactivity’ are the alchemy bench and the cooking and the inventory system in general. These interfaces are too jerky, too stuttery, too restrictive and awkward (the first too mainly) and also lacking in basic quality of life features (especially the inventory). I won’t elaborate as this post is already overlong, but I’m happy to offer more detail to anyone curious.
  2. Customizability: there are innumerable aspects of game play and features which I would lump under this label which I think the developer might benefit from considering in Part Deux. None of these are as ‘serious’ as the issue of better interactivity, but worth considering. I’ll switch to a more telegraphic mode of prose:
    Imagine being able to: chop a lock off a chest; hack at a chest hasp until you knock it off; chop down a tree; chop down a door; chop up a corpse; dig a hole; bury your dead; cut the sleeves off a garmen; add different sleeves to a garment; repaint the heraldry on an item; change the way an item fits; dye an item a different color; etc.
    I have never yet made it so far as rebuilding prib so I’m not entirely sure how much some of these types of features are in that part of the game, but strategizing about including at least some of them in the core game play for #2 seems sensible.
  3. More Detail: I don’t know how cry engine handles the data structures for common items like food or gear or NPCs, nor do I know how restrictive that source code is to being re-engineered. I do know however, that methods exist to do what I’m suggesting, from a purely technical C++ standpoint, so I’m not just whistling dixie here, and I’m happy to help more fully if more specific suggestions are desired. In short, imagine if:
    EVERY SINGLE NPC which ever spawns into the game world has a name, a faction that is tied to one of the resident factions (e.g., wayfarers are members of specific communities instead of simply randos), a place of residence, and a relationship of some sort with at least one other NPC in the existing game session (if not multiple). While writing the logic and content to handle it would be a major task, what this would afford is a SENSIBLE crime and punishment system. Meaning: any time anyone goes missing (for example) it would inevitably, eventually lead to a response by at least one other NPC. This response might trickle through the NPC networks to create other responses and eventually actual consequences for the player character. A similar point would exist for stolen goods, and for purchased goods. By identifying every single item of value with a unique identifier and other parameters such as “uniqueness” or “Specialness” (a common hood sold by the tailor in Rataje MIGHT not be identifiable as being a hood from that specific tailor, or it might be, these are things Henry might need to ascertain if he wants to deal in stolen goods . . .). Referring to the current design, most food, honestly should lose its “stolen tag” a lot more quickly than it presently does, and wild game should effectively never lose it.
1 Like