@Warhorse: I'm Putting down the pitchfork

I have a decent PC and gaming laptop, yet I still preffer to play it on ps4 pro …shrugg

Where in the world did you get that percentage from?

Facebook … 98% of people feel the game runs well 51% of the time

1 Like

Well from reading various posts here, PC players experience similar issues to the console sometimes, sure graphically better, but if you encounter a bug that’s across platforms well. I was considering initially getting the PC version, but opted for a console version

No where. He just joined this forum 2 hours ago, I guess he forgot to look at the posts before joining.

Couldn’t agree more with your points. Although I’m not familiar with the insides of a game development company, or even a business for that matter, I know full-well that they are run by actual people with 9-5 (or sometimes more) jobs.
The console bug crisis is well upon us, and I hate to admit that it has almost vaporised my experience of the game. I long awaited the release of an open-world medieval game with strict emphasis on realism so KC:D was the way to go. I can imagine anyone’s frustration when their Jenda or Sleipnir or Pebbles got stuck on a fence or when the game crashed whilst fast-travelling.
My guess is that WarHorse never anticipated the impact their game would bring on gaming in general, but this is no excuse for a half-baked product released. I love the new content that you have been releasing on PC and I’m anxiously awaiting for its release on consoles too, but, for the love of everything that you hold dear, refurbish the heck out of your game. New content can wait, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Bohemia is still under construction, though, and it already needs repairs.
From a loving fan

PS. Keep up the struggle.

1 Like

I’m not trying to hurt WarHorse with my post. I want the game to succeed. I also want to be able to play the godd@mn thing and as of now I cannot on console. There is no excuse for making console players wait for two months now to quash ground breaking bugs. How many times have they acknowledged the Halberd bug and STILL they delay patches for console players. It’s absolutely a money thing. WarHorse doesn’t have enough of it so they roll several critical patches into one and then they try to tell us it’s for our own good. Bullshit. WarHorse is cheap and doesn’t want to pay for certification on consoles more than they have too. So it’s a giant F YOU to console players. Its absolutely an issue of greed and terrible management.

You listening “Danny Boy” Vavra? Three thousand people viewed my post on Reddit yesterday as I called you out for the garbage launch, the constant misinformation, and how WarHorse is either broke AF or cheap AF. I wrote that post in between Titanfall matches. I haven’t even begun to spread my story.

Next is Facebook, then Twitter. Hell, I’ll activate my old MySpace account and post it there.

I’m also writing a letter to your local government accusing them of allowing a native company to screw over customers world wide with shady business practices. I’ll keep doing this until you show me and the console community that you care about more than just the money we gave you.

You can defend yourselves all you want. Nothing stops the negative (and completely honest) review of your company until you properly patch consoles. I don’t care what I’m called on this forum or anywhere else.

2 Likes

Agree with the details but not this premise. Opportunity cost isn’t simply reducible to a $$$ problem

When you’re in software change management and you lack adequate testing and/or change control, it’s less a money problem than a process problem

Really? I’m not buying it. If you want to troll that’s your business. But at least have the gall to own up to what your doing.

Your assumptions are flimsy AF

You speak as if WH is unique. You’re wrong. Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors do this all the f***ing time.

What is different is that you get to publicly express your grievances here even though it can harm WH, its reputation, and its future revenue stream

Not to beat a dead (War)horse, but I think you are attributing malice where it might be better to blame incompetence, or even lack of resources.

It was touched on in the documentary, but similarly-sized games (in terms of scope and ambition) are usually managed by a staff of 2,000. This is a team of 120, only 30 of which have released a game before. For about 70 members of the team, this is the first game they’ve ever made.

Wrangling a project of this size, with a small and inexperienced team…it’s no surprise it’s taking them longer than expected to plug all the holes and bail out the water.

3 Likes

small (<100), immature (maiden product), inexperienced (most first industry job)… this is all reflected in the gaps in testing and/or change control that caused the torch bug, random encounter bug, corrupt save bug, etc

Lack of resources? WH got a nest egg and went ambitious, couldn’t deliver, and now is seemingly scrimping on resourcing. That’s a management decision. They own it. It’s up to them, mgmt, to make it right/better

2 Likes

If you call what I’m doing as trolling then so be it. I care NOTHING for WarHorse’s reputation. That’s not my job or concern, its THEIR job to manage how they’re perceived based on what they do. If they don’t want their reputation to suffer, they should treat their customers (ME) better.

Let’s be honest. WarHorse will probably lose units if I keep it up. Not many mind you, but some. I’m not concerned about how many because again, I don’t care. All I want is a working game. WarHorse has treated the console community like crap. Until they fix it, I’ll call them crap.

Don’t want your reputation to suffer? STOP DOING THE SHIT THAT PEOPLE DISLIKE.

Can’t change what is? DEAL WITH IT, ITS YOUR GAME AND YOUR COMPANY.

So, first it is the fact the game runs half of the time well. Quite different from the game runs fine statement.
Then, how can you call Facebook representative for all players?
Shit man, just look at these forums, Steam community, reviews, everywhere where they talk games, this game. The main item is bugs. Yes, it ain’t exact science either, but be real; since all these people did not do this (complain about the huge amount of bugs) with other games, it is hardly to imagine they come together now and decided to take the piss on KCD.

It is a bugged game, wich you should blame the people who made and released it, not the people who bought it and speak out about it.

You said you have your own business. You like it when clients impugn your motives, or you’re hypocritical

Most healthy business relationship focus on the problem. In this case, change management. What specifically needs to be done to meet your change management expectations? Be specific. Non-actionable requests in business are :poop:

1 Like

If you cared at all about this game you would wait and see what the next patch brings. It’s almost in the bag already. You’ve obviously got ulterior motives that you are concealing. That, or you are just prone to getting your panty’s in a bunch.

That was in jest :scream:

1 Like

Dude I’ve seen you in so many other discussions

Don’t make me feel bad about myself, please. I’m to fragile for that.:grinning:

In every one I’ve read you either lick war horses boots or criticize people with genuine complaints about their shitty business practices