Warhorse Studios future projects

I don’t spend a lot of time following posts from studios, and only look out for release info and gameplay trailers for games that peak my interest. However I want to see what the community consensus is on this opinion.

I enjoyed Skyrim and I enjoy Mount&Blade Warband Viking Conquest, but I feel these leave a lot to be desired for a viking rpg. After playing and loving KCD, I feel Warhorse Studios would do a lot of justice to a viking rpg. With similar combat systems (polished of course) and a few tweaks (I’d like to see throwing axes and your characters ability to control a small unit of warriors - form and fight in a shield wall until you give the command to break) I believe the game would fill a gap left by the current market.
It would need a decent story to follow and I’m not sure if the Ragnar and sons story has been done too recently on TV.

What’s your thoughts, good idea, already a game out there I’ve missed? Is there anything you’d like to see from a viking rpg?

4 Likes

I would absolutely love a viking RPG from Warhorse. A game set in the Dark Ages or during the early crusades would also be most welcome. But I prefer that they first concentrate on polishing KCD, releasing DLCs to it and completing the 3rd Act.

I came across a Viking being mentioned in one of Dan’s vids. Apparently they found a Viking buried in a castle in Prague. He had become the king’s protector or something along them lines. Was thinking his story could be very interesting, and stay historic.

It was around 900’s.

I am very sure the future project is KCD 2. At least I hope so but I really dig the Viking Setting of a future title from them.I want it after KCD though.
But the thing is developers will have to travel a lot to get the setting right.
It was easier for them with KCD as they are in Prague. I also want to see a fantasy title from them but I know many will disagree with me about this :stuck_out_tongue:

There are not many fantasy non isometric western RPG games coming up.But designing a proper lore for it is another gigantic task.

Completing KCD is definitely first and foremost for all (or at least most). I’m looking forward to the announced DLC whenever it comes and I’ll definitely be getting From the Ashes tomorrow, but this would be a game idea I’d be looking forward to, especially if Warhorse announced it.

@Sterling-Archer, this would be a great option, perhaps tracing his journey from norseman to Bohemian King’s bodyguard.

@Rupz_Koomar, fantasy isn’t for everyone, but then neither was KCD. As the studio gets better and expands, they may find time to complete more projects, and expand away from historical RPGs.

If Warhorse were to continue releasing new KCD games esclusively for the next decade, with the right storyline, I can’t see myself being disappointed (I’m in my 3rd playthrough, and still finding things I missed). I’m looking forward to watching this studio grow and tackle new games as well as KCD future releases.

1 Like

They joked about Viking DLC, but in truth you can expect sequel to KCD as they mentioned part of their team has something on their hands meanwhile working on bugfixes and DLCs.

We must continue to dream of the dream of “Viking” or especially my dream of a “Kingdom of Heaven” (movie title), I think. But the build-up DLC has exciting features in it and if done well (which I assume) it’s a step in the right direction. In order to stay in this era could become a merchant story like “the Fugger”. This would bring our Henry closer to the ruling class and expand its radius beyond the currently very narrow border around Prague. Step by step and bringing modders to the taste … that’s what M & B did.

I think it was Dan Vavra who mentioned there was some nobleman’s bodyguard Viking, so he joked they could make DLC about it. It was a sidenote to the requests of other races because there could appear some travellers. I would like some campaign as Viking, but as for KCD, it’s more about Henry’s path as mentioned many times.

Fantasy is very much mainstream now in 21st century.I agree it is not for everybody but no genre is for everybody.
Skyrim sold 30 plus million copies not including special edition or VR or Nintendo switch.
Witcher 3 sold 25 million copies.
Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies.

Were there 1400 still “Vikings” in word usage? Think, it was more Danish or even Sweden (Kalmar Union), on the British side late Norman noble houses. At best, the Icelanders still understood themselves as “Northmen”, but “Wiking” was at least since the Hanseatic League past.

I don’t know. WHS mentioned.

A real viking game would be very cool. I thought Ancestors Legacy (the game) would be like kingdom come but viking style… it turned out just to be an RTS but it looks fun enough.

Their trailer sure was cool though! And really inspired the imagination :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the trailer blew me away too. The game now less again … except M & B Viking Conquest, there is nothing in this direction (unfortunately). But does not fit at all to Prague 1400 … I met the guys at Gamescom, a good team with a lot of talent. Let’s see what can happen …