Warhorse Studios Signs Global Co-Publishing Deal for ‘Kingdom Come: Deliverance’ with Publisher Deep Silver

No. Just no.

A good example of a constructive discussion. Care to elaborate?

5 Likes

10 Likes

In my opinion its inappropriate to mention DLC (paid or not) at this point.

We have had more then one push back on release (over year) and we still don’t know what the final state of the game is going to look and if all of the features that were promised will be included. (not to exclude an entire platform that will not be supported until the unforeseen future)

I personally am going to highly disappointed if we lose features due to “time constraints” and then have to buy DLC for it in the future. This would be the end of my support for WH.

2 Likes

Funny how some translate “we are thinking about them” as “we are taking features from the game to sell them to you in DLC or miscrotransaction because it’s not 1999 anymore”

I really need new vocabulary for this newspeak.

3 Likes

It’s an accurate translation considering the main game isn’t even finished yet, and you have the community manager talking about dlcs. Its become an increasingly common practice for devs to announce dlcs before launch, and this always includes features that were cut and locked behind a paywall.

1 Like

On the other hand, its usually true that those features were often cut just and only because of time constraints. I agree that it would be better for players to patch them in for free, but hey, if they can take this cut feature, polish it, implement it, and add new content (story, more features), why not make it DLC? Such DLC takes time to make, takes money, so its not that bad that it is paid.

Another story is real CUT content - finished, polished, working content, cut from game just for more cash grab - like Mass Effect 3 Day one DLC, and all other Day One DLCs - in fact all DLCs released less than two months after game are usually just cash grabs.

Actually Linux is available on consoles, that’s what Steam Machines are.

Whatever else Deep Silver have done they’ve released a lot of their games on Linux. I know you don’t want interference with development but they probably have access to some resources that could interfere in a positive way as far as a Linux port is concerned.

thats how rumors are made :smiley:

Glad to hear you guys have a publisher!
I have a couple of questions…
So Deep Silver has no way or any how of changing the game whatsoever?
As far as DLC goes, could you already just give them to backers? That would be a good workaround c:

I don’t know what Deep Silver has done, but I hope they will push the developer to pursuit their promises and release, or think more about the Linux release.
Currently their are only any avoiding real answer.

1 Like

I guess not even them know the answer for now.

And if they would give you any answer, it will be something along the lines “If we have time”.

I really think that Linux version will come, but as it will be (logicaly) lower priority, I think it will be 2-3 months late.

People will find out whether materials or contents of a dlcs were part of the main game!
For example, 2K Czech and his Mafia 2, with one of the biggest steal-my-money-dlc’s after Mass Effect 2.
And as i said in another thread, if WH released one DLC, ppl on a specifically homepage have methods to integrate them without buying them.
I never want to see these beginner Outfit DLC’s or some new Challenges
Which are in most develeoper situations on the same area/location as the main game with nothing new in it.

A few questions here as a backer from the start. Firstly, so if I get this correctly, it means Koch Media is the one responsible for getting all games shipped on time for everyone who chose a PS4 or XBOX One version right? While the PC/Steam version is Warhorse’s doing.

Second question. Who is responsible for the extra rewards (figurine for example) is this still Warhorse or also Koch media? And what about the DLC some of us get with their backed tier?

I am just asking these questions in case some us don’t get the game/and or extra rewards on time and we have to know who is the one to fix it. Since so many people backed from all over the world it’s not an easy task so a lot can go wrong, so you probably understand my nervousness a little bit. Lastly a question in general, when will the extra rewards actually be shipped (figurine, t-shirt, artbook and more)?

1 Like

Koch Media: Physical: PC, XBoxOne, PS4; Digital: XBoxOne, PS4
Warhose Studios: Digital: PC; Physical: Backer rewards
There are no plans about DLCs yet, we just think that we maybe could make some, so it is more on our side. No further details known yet.
The backer rewards will be shipped with the release of the game.

1 Like

If that is true, I would have never done business with them if it was for me to decide. Greedy publishers…

Ok thank you for the info! But one thing I don’t understand here, maybe I missed this info somewhere or it’s something else but isen’t the DLC Act 1, Act 2 and Act 3? That’s how it’s listed on the Kickstarter pledges aswell. Since some people get them for free and other’s don’t.

1 Like

These are not DLCs. These should have been whole new game eachs, each one with complete and finished story arc and mechanics.

Not sure if anything has changed - I think I heard somewhere that they implemented lot of story from act 2 into act1 already, so there might be only 2 acts (2 games, original+sequel) in the end.

2 Likes

This is correct, we are thinking now about making two instead of three games. Act1 is already bigger then planned (from 9km² to 16km² and we have more quests). But the Acts are standalone games, while a DLC is an addon to a game.
We don´t know anything about the DLC, just that it could be a good idea to make one or some. We don´t have fixed plans regarding the DLCs yet.

1 Like

Though it’s entirely up to the team, Warhorse may want to think about talking to Microsoft about their “Xbox Play Anywhere” initiative as, if people have the PC version, they can get it on Xbox One at a discount and play cross-platform.

This has been done quite successfully already with ARK: Survival Evolved, so it would only help your business if some players had one platform and not the other, where they can get together with friends.