WASD controls are not for me

I do not use WASD. I use arrow keys. Please tell me we will be able to set up our keys the way we like.

2 Likes

This “detail” might not yet be decided, but I see no reason for not having it there.
Anyway let’s see if we can get some help on answering this.

I summont thee @MadSmejki, for you are the chosen one.

Thanks. My 3 friends play like I do. We all use the arrow keys instead of WASD. They said they would invest if we had the option to set up our own keys.

Frankly said, I do not understand why would you use arrow keys instead of WASD.
But it’s your decision. Use TV remote control for all I care :smiley:

1. Options are always a good thing. 2) Everybody should play the way they want. 3) Not everyone plays exactly like you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
2 Likes

I’m curious as to what games you and your friends play that would need the arrow keys. I still use the arrow keys for RTS games to move the mini map around, but I wouldn’t use the arrows for a FPS (for example).

What games do you like to play and why do you like to use the arrow keys instead of WASD? (Actually curious :smile: )

I’m finger retarded I guess. :grimacing:

I could never get used to the WASD so I use arrow keys. I use Ins0 for jump, R ctrl for stealth, right shift for sprint, end for reload, and so on…

1 Like

Cool, I could see how that would work. Are you left handed by chance?

That’s an easy answer…
Because in the first days of computer games,
the control settings was set for the German market on or to the arrow keys.
So is a kind of habituation thing… Where do I include myself!
RCtrl for Sprint, Ins0 for Jump, Shift for Stealth, Application for Toggle Walk/Run
Num1 to use primary items, PageDown for Grenades/Potions…

No. Weird, huh? :smile:

I use my left hand for the arrows and my right hand on the mouse.

I can use the WASD, but it feels so crazy bad that I just prefer the arrow 99% more.

1 Like

True, I learned the shooters with the arrows, so that just seems right for me.

Me too… learned from my father with UT’99
i’ve done a research about that…
and about the reason why it more and more stops.
i have around 670 games and 30-40 of them have ArrowKey bindings by default.
It takes much time in the rest to rebind before i can play :smile:
But after games like witcher 3, with so many functions,
I am jumped slightly to WASD :blush:
(due of lost hotkeys in many RPG games)

1 Like

Because in the first days of computer games,
the control settings was set for the German market on or to the arrow keys.

@rataj I did not know that.

I’ve basically only played with WASD but I can see why you would like the arrows. Hopefully they will include Arrowkey bindings or at least be able to change the bindings. It’s never fun playing with weird controls.

Though I think I am planning on playing this with a controller :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
We will see with future updates.

1 Like

I guess, they will integrate it! :wink:
Last point in the development would be the release on Steam or with BETA.
I don’t know if the Steam Release was the BETA status

I don’t think the BETA is the Steam release. You cannot find it in the store if you search for it.

because atm it is Alpha (v0.4)
i think BETA will be somewhere behind 0.5 or 0.6.
Seems a logical step for me due of other alpha and betas from many other titles

That sounds about right.

1 Like

I am not disputing any of your points.

Just that from logical point of view. Arrow keys are less convinient than WASD.

Not a logical point of view. Just a personal point of view. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To me, the arrows make much more sense, but I have no issue with others being much more comfortable with WASD.

1 Like

Just found this in the FAQ…

What are the differences between the PC and console versions of the game?
We develop both versions together, so neither is a port of the other. Technically speaking, the console version will be very similar to the PC one; it’s probable that on a high-end PC you can get better and smoother visual effects but the artistic feeling should be very similar.

Control-wise, the game is designed separately for console controllers and for keyboard & mouse gaming. Of course, you can still use your favorite game controller on the PC or on a SteamBox. But if you decide to use mouse and keyboard, you will control the game just like other first-person games on the market: you will be able to use your mouse in the UI, there will be no controller hints and controls will be fully customizable. Some control elements may be slightly different on keyboard & mouse than they will be on a gamepad but neither control method will be generally superior to the other.

4 Likes