Wayfarers Hate Me?

Hello all,

I’m trying to figure out why wayfarers, beggars, the faint-hearted knight, and other out on the roads won’t talk to me unless I give them a ridiculous amount of money. Now I’ll admit, I’ve killed/knocked out my fair share of these folks, but each time it was in complete stealth. Is there a reputation among “travelers,” such that they know a killer is on the roads and don’t trust anyone?

Trying to figure this out because I’m tired of spending 720G just to talk to a knight.

Thanks in advance!

Just an FYI, stealth does not make you invisible or cause people to forget everything, nor do you know if your stealth was successful or not.

Unless you’re aware of some game mechanic that advises you when stealth failed or succeeded I think it’s more plausible that you’re being seen (or known in some way) to be a “bad dude”.

Does your reputation page give any indication of certain people’s being wary of you?

I’m aware how the game works, that there is no stealth indicator, it was to the best of my knowledge that I wasn’t spotted, especially since I was in the middle of nowhere.

It happens all over the map, so even if each part of the map corresponds to certain reputation indicators of the towns, it doesn’t make sense, as my reputation in most of the towns is high. I checked the reputation page expecting to see a “Traveler” or “The Wilds” reputation meter but no such luck.

Wasn’t trying to insult you or your knowledge of the game, I was trying to help.

One thing I didn’t notice immediately was that you could expand the reputation tabs for towns to see specifically different types of individuals. I had an overall HIGH rating with a town - but specifically soldiers didn’t like me (commonders/traders did though).

It’s possible some of the people you knocked out on the road DID see you (stealth failed) and since you didn’t kill them they told on you and there’s a rumor circulating that Henry is a “bad dude”.

This is why I was asking if ANY of your reps show negative, that might help you deduce what occurred.

Saying it’s a glitch/bug may be the case as well, but it’s best to be thorough right =)

I am in agreement.
If they don’t see you coming? You knock them out or kill someone in the middle of nowhere? HOW does everyone on the map KNOW it was you and WHY do guards know to search you of ALL people?
Kind of takes away from the realism.

That and the issue of guards spawning RIGHT behind you when pic-pocketing a target or stealing stuff in house when you clearly staked out the area and know you’re the only person there.

2 Likes

There’s one reputation tab, I believe is called “rattay countryside” (not sure as I’m not at the game at the moment) but I think if this is low and others like it you’ll have trouble with wayfarers. I’m not sure how to go about raising it but I think killing bandits on the road and ones that attack you in fast travel is one way.

Sorry, not trying to be condescending, I do appreciate the insight.

I’d like to think it isn’t a glitch, as I haven’t had any yet fingers crossed

I’ll have to take a super in depth look at all my reputations and try to pinpoint it. As Mw2ruinslives mentioned, it may have to do with the “countryside” rep, in which case I’ll have to put down a few dozen bandits. Oh darn :grin:

1 Like

There is even ingame tip on loading screen explaining this. If you keep doing crimes people and guards in area start get more suspicious. Even if you dont get caught at all. Its kinda realistic since increase in crime + already bad situation on area with bandits makes people more suspicious. You have been attacking wayfarers even if not personally have gotten caught its only natural that stories of these attacks has spread and people are much more hostile to strangers on road.

I saw this myself and was wondering the same thing.