Weapon slots and secondary weapons

I wish there was a bit more control over weapon slots for example being able to unequip a shield in combat(by pressing 3 on PC) or have a slot for a back-up weapon like a rondel. If a dagger is wore as a backup weapon it should display on the belt kind of like what Runt tries to use on you.

2 Likes

Definitely agree on this, probably it will be added in future version of the game, if not it will eventually comes with a mod (when modding will be officialy supported with real SDK).

agree. do all day all night riding. torch and shield toggling is annoying. a smoother slotting would be appreciated.

dagger is never equipped but needed for stealth kills (wish available for knife fighting and off hand dagger parrying). after looting all the bad guys, have to be careful to not sell. tedious but not big problem

1 Like

I think, for realism, we should compensate. Have the ability to equip/unequip your shield at the touch/hold of a button but have it be like a 15-20sec time frame where you can move around but you cant attack. Like Henry is just one handed throwing it over his shoulder with the back strap it has on it. Magic switching gear like in Skyrim is being avoided, that’s why you cannot access inventory and change gear during a battle.
Armor change should never be allowed in battle in my opinion, except maybe taking off a helmet/opening your visor at will. But weapons and shields, especially shields, should have a timed switch I think.

1 Like

I dont want it to be so realistic its no fun, but i dont think i’d need an instantly equipped shield, i could do with like a 10 second FPV animation of the shield coming into our out of my line of sight.

that really is the worst part, and why i think this will be addressed sooner than later. Soooo many times I head into a fight and forget I recently, or even not recently but since the last time I fought someone, had to use a torch and no longer is my shield equipped. I havn’t died because of it but it definitely wasnt expected and with a mace and full plate I’m not super mobile, kinda would have liked to have my shield ready. Also for my combo where I shield punch 'em in the face :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aye, there really should be a “all geared up” dlc for KCD.

Ofcourse, for immersion we need every weapon/item that we ready for use in combat, needs to show up on the character.