Weekly Torch - the barrel of questions

Is melee fighting on horseback going to make it to final game or just horseback archery?
Can you pull off the person from horseback and can others do the same?
Are there other ranged weapons except bows?
Is there combat option to unarm opponent?

Not taking over the world while I had the chance…

There is always a second one… start today! :slight_smile:
Which kind of ruler would you be?

Do you also make animal animations?
Is it harder to do than human animation (having mocaps)?
Do we have cats or fishes in the game?

Which programs do you use?

Have you learned czech before you came to Czech republic?

From Conor Doyle Q&A

‘‘Do we have cats or fishes in the game?
No we do not.’’

So no fishing in the game?..

I think they just did not animate or make their in-game models. I do not see reason why they should cancel that. It does not seem like an issue. Take rod, go to water, wait, fish takes bait. Fish achieved and put to inventory.

Why would you cut Blacksmithing minigame It was like one of best thing you could do in this game, there arent any RPG game with good crafting system. Only M&B mod created interesting prototype.

Now it is time for our Senior Programmer Michal Bartoň to answer some of your questions.

What can we expect from the PS4 Pro enhancement?

Will the content available during the PS4 pre-loading also be included with the PC and XB1 versions?

Hello Michal,

Now I understand why the first quest(start in Silver Scalice) is designed this way,… als a closed level. But if you hurry, you can finish it in 5 minutes. How will you bound the player, for 1 hour, in this zone?

How many percent of the TCR/TRC are ready? How many additional months do you need to finish the list?

How many Dev-Kits has WH?

Who makes the same job for the Xbox1?

1 Like

Hi there,

1: How far will you support PS4 VR?
2. Will the achievements be visually represented ingame or will it just be a lousy popup. I know that TCRs require you to provide achievements for proceeding in the game.
3. Will you provide controller key rebinding
4. What is your modding strategy for consoles?
5. I hope that you will not cope with memory limitation by showing disappearing objects,

Thank you very much

Hello,
I would like to ask, what is the best and the worst thing (in technical way) on PS4? Thanks and good luck.

Good Afternoon my name is Caleb White. I’m asking if there’s gonna be a possibility of Pre-Ordering the game for Ps4? Thank You

Disregard in case I am late with my questions:
Do you have Scorpio dev kit in the office?
For what reasons did you choose cry-engine over others?
What graphic card would you choose to enjoy KCD at 1080p on very high settings?
What other features were you programming except dialog system?

Now you can ask questions for our Scripter Alisa Zavodina, don´t be shy :slight_smile:

Were you living in Czechia before you got hired by WH or you moved here because of the job?

Hello! Will there be a board game of the Middle Ages in the game, it would be atmospheric to sit in such a beautiful world to play chess for example, it would add replay value to the game. If in this act there is no table game will there be in the following acts, after all, as far as we know, there will be only 3 acts? Thank you. (Google translator)

Backgammon is in. Not sure if there are any others.

You can also scatter the Easter eggs in the form of coins of that time period of Europe of the Roman and Russian empires (one coin) all over the map. After the passage of quests it would be interesting to explore the world, it would also increase the replay value of the game. Probably technically it’s not difficult. Thank you)

Hello Alisa,

have you played the Alpha/Beta before you started at WH?

We have more than 1500 NPC(without animals) in the game. Is this correct?

How many different jobs do the NPC have? Fisher, trader, farmer, monk, soldier, noble, bandit, cuman, (black)smith, innkeeper,… what more?

I’m involved in livening up the game world,

Can Henry play dice?
Can we expect some random quests like hunting somebody/something for money?
Will there be archievments like find 100 coins on the map?

Will the story explain why Henry can´t blacksmithing?

Can the cuman/soldiers fight from the horseback?

What does the sheep in Henrys bed??? (picture in your interview)

1 Like

And now you can ask your questions to our tester Petr “Hudy” Hudeček