Weekly Torch - the barrel of questions

Were you living in Czechia before you got hired by WH or you moved here because of the job?

Hello! Will there be a board game of the Middle Ages in the game, it would be atmospheric to sit in such a beautiful world to play chess for example, it would add replay value to the game. If in this act there is no table game will there be in the following acts, after all, as far as we know, there will be only 3 acts? Thank you. (Google translator)

Backgammon is in. Not sure if there are any others.

You can also scatter the Easter eggs in the form of coins of that time period of Europe of the Roman and Russian empires (one coin) all over the map. After the passage of quests it would be interesting to explore the world, it would also increase the replay value of the game. Probably technically it’s not difficult. Thank you)

Hello Alisa,

have you played the Alpha/Beta before you started at WH?

We have more than 1500 NPC(without animals) in the game. Is this correct?

How many different jobs do the NPC have? Fisher, trader, farmer, monk, soldier, noble, bandit, cuman, (black)smith, innkeeper,… what more?

I’m involved in livening up the game world,

Can Henry play dice?
Can we expect some random quests like hunting somebody/something for money?
Will there be archievments like find 100 coins on the map?

Will the story explain why Henry can´t blacksmithing?

Can the cuman/soldiers fight from the horseback?

What does the sheep in Henrys bed??? (picture in your interview)

1 Like

And now you can ask your questions to our tester Petr “Hudy” Hudeček

There is of course a less fancy name for it.<

What´s the name? :slight_smile:

I know what I would love to do: design the whole concept of the game<

Okay, looks like you want to be Daniel Vavra,…and do his job. Is he a big idol?
What would you do different?

Will we see a new gameplay demo? Or only a video? A release date? Everyone is hungry for new info.

Have you played the alpha/beta before you started to work for WH?

What was your greatest disappointment at Warhorsestudio?

After release of the game: Will you make mods for KCD?

5 Likes

hello Hudy

does the office come to a standstill like when big D Vara walks through in a hangover grump after a night of doing QC on the warhorse beers? is it like a scene from star wars and he Vadar?

Is this why you are called Hudy? because you keep your Hud up to stay out of his peripheral.

I liked the bit you mentioned about sneaking through peoples property sounds interesting. will there be dogs barking that you may need to kill/ throw some meat laced with sleepy potion to avoid alerting some property owners? is the idea of killing dogs in the game frowned upon but opening a property owners throat not given a second thought :smiley:

who’s hand would you rather shake Hillary Clintons cold corporate blood stained hands? or Donald trumps tiny T Rex hands?

Do you like Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

A lot of people would envy your job. does this give you extra swag.

If light from the sun is the main fuse through which life explodes in a given solar system. would you agree we are all essentially stardust and when we die the white light often referred to when someone has a near death experience is their soul or life force returning to the sun at light speed.

warhorse seems from the outside perspective or my opinion to be a studio of gamers for gamers making a game they would actually like to play or bought if they were just gaming. is this the feeling attached to the people working inside. or does it become just a job. if you get me.

2 Likes

Hail Hudy!
What testing method so you use for a game this scope?
Do you always use test-cases, or ad-hoc also necessary and often used?

Now you can ask questions to Jan “Bodkin” Němec from our design team.

Are the faces of the characters, well the common npc’s at least, final? Something feels off about them.
The enviroments look great, but then the npc with a blank face just walks through.

1 Like

True, those people do not fit the environment.

Hello Jan,

is there a story behind? :slight_smile:

Looks like, work at WH is dangerous (“Picture”)
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/3X/5/1/51352a842a0bee7e33fc27c5a5086939461597a5.jpg
Do you have friends at work? After you designed your quest,… do you need now protection?
Or is this a kind of corporate identity…???

What is the name of your quest?

Which parts(of your quest) haven´t worked, and will not be part of the game?
Many things, which are in the game are(at the moment) a secret, but maybe you can talk about, what´s not included…

There is one sentence I am really proud of.<

Tell more…, plaese!

1 Like

Hi Bodkin!
For start, is it possible that I know you? Perhaps from Pavel Renčín’s underground movement, ruled by evil triumvirate? :-))

But to the real stuff now :slight_smile:
Can you tell us something more about your quest? Is it core story, or side quest? You have said you weep silently, is it love story? :heart:
And you wore armor. For best immersion you should wear gloves, they are changing whole experience! :grin:
Did you have to change something about your quest, when was decided that dog companions will not be included and polearms were added?

And now you can ask questions to our Animator Karel “pan Tau” Taufman.

Hi Karel,

In every game we get to see walks,

But in real live every person walks different. Normally you can identify a far away person just by watching him walking. Also groups of persons; old people walk slower, younger walk more dynamically and maybe they hurry more. Woman walk with more caution…drunken people… ect.

Have you made different animation for all these groups? Has every NPC different walking (or let´s say animation in general), predefined by parameters? Are there unique animationssets for special NPCs?

very close to each other, many markers were hidden from the cameras and the actors’ motion could not be recorded properly

Have you recorded some seasons with only one actor and/or on a glass plate? Or have you recorded the bed scens in the vertical? In the end have overlayed all this movements?
(Glass plate> being abel to see the markers from the bottom)

We use an in-house tool to procedurally build basic mouth animation from the dialogues

Lipsync; in the forum is a big discussion about this and the quality of it.
Can we expect only for the English language lipsync, or for German and French also? Will there be a different lip movement for every language, or only one and the different speakers bring it in order (like in a movie)?
Can you tell us the speakers for the German version?

The new trailer is …okay, but maybe a little rushed. Like at 0:37 or1:10 where you can see through the body under the armour.
Wasn´t enough time for a quality check?

At the end of the new trailer we saw arm wrestling.
Is arm wrestling also a mini game, or just a cutsceen?

similar motions turn up not only in games

Are all animations made by WH,or is there a kind of database/market where you can get/buy animations?

for the stone that gets loaded into a trebuchet.

Can Henry handle/use a trebuchet? Or is this also only for cutsceens?

Is facial capture to expensive? Wouldn´t this be much faster and with a better quality, than doing this by hand/your basic face tool?

1 Like

Hi there, first of all good work and keep tight until to release date.

• Cumans are will be an important role at story mode?
  • Are you thinking add 3rd view option? I hope not…

I think they planned to let you fire from trebuchet. Otherwise good questions.

Hi,

Will the animations be significantly improved in final game?

I’m sorry to say it, because there is obviously lot of work behind it, but animations are so far the weakest part of Kingdom come.
When you go through village characters don’t look like people, they move like awkward robots.
During dialogue they stay like two planks. Facial animations are also not very impressive.
Both in and outside combat:
Transitions between animations are unnatural. Character are changing direction like they don’t have any weight. There is awful lot of foot sliding:

Why there is no clothes, hair and armor physics?

I just want to remind something Dan Vávra wrote in article about skyrim:

A 2011 game where half the characters wears different coats and flowing clothes, and it does not attempt to simulate the physics of clothes is a bad game.”

Sorry to be so harsh, hope you will improve the animations.
Good luck

4 Likes

I’ve seen in trailer, that only long coats had cloth physics. Maybe, i’m wrong, but that’s it. :confused:
P.S But, we’re playing in first person, so… I’m not going to be hyped for cloth physics, if i’m not able to see this on my character like it was in Mafia 2.