Weekly Torch - the barrel of questions

Hello Dominik, like an enthusiast of programming i’d very interested on the area you work, and i would like to know which language is the game being programmed. thank you.

Now you can ask questions to Jasmin Mastnak, International Marketing Manager at Koch Media in Munich, working on the Marketing for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

You will find Dominik Roháčeks answers here now.

Hi Jasmin,
greatings from Bavaria.
Are you only cordinating KCD at the moment, or do you have more projects to take care of?
What is planed after Paris Game Week? More presentations? Where?
In how many countries will KCD be avaiable?
After the release of the game, how will you promote the game?
In times of internet and Youtube, how importent are presentations direct to the customers? Showing the game on exhibitions is costly. Is this kind of promotion not old school and not more effective?

Which games do you play with your family online?
Will you play the game after release?

1 Like

Just for information, Jasmin Mastnak will be on Paris Games Week in the next couple of days, she will not be able to answer the questions before the next week.

Now you can ask questions to our french translator Samuel “Samy” Clarisse

Hello Samuel,
thank you for being part of this project. You sound so enthusiastic, which I really like!

Is the french voiceover ready, or is it just work in progress?
Which sounds better? The english or the french?
Have you visited Prag and the studio?
How is the feedback from the Paris Games Week and the shown french version of the game?
Do you only translate between english and french, or between more languages?
Will you play KCD after release?

1 Like

Now it is time to ask questions to our Designer and lead english writer John Comer

Hello John

I am a student of third grade in Prague college in graphic design course. Now i working on a thesis which talks about gaming topic and more detailed the title is: ‘‘Why people play games’’. For that i am researching on how game designers create an interesting mechanics, dynamics, aesthetics and narrative to make an Single player games. For that i have few questions and would be helpful if you would answer them thanks

Questions:
How kingdom come was created how did it start?

What were designer aims and goals in creating this game?

How do you motivate the gamer to play the game, mechanics,dynamics or aesthetics?

Success and failures that happened in previous games?

2 Likes

The thing I’m most proud of unfortunately didn’t make it into the release :frowning: It’s a scene where Sir Hans Capon is trying to woo a girl by reciting poetry to her, and Henry is hiding in the bushes prompting him. There were three authentic medieval Czech poems, which I first translated normally (hard enough to retain the rhyme and meter), and then had to twist into “misheard lyrics”, so there are lines like:
HENRY
To murderous wrath she gives birth,
Leaving no peace on this Earth.
CAPON
To numerous brats she gives birth,
Leaving no peas for the serfs.

Not really a question, i just want to start a petition to get this into the game. :joy:

6 Likes

It says you’re a designer, did you make any quests or features? From what I can tell from you’re answers, you’re mostly doing translations and a lot of different other things.

Can’t wait to see the new video you have worked on, soon was it?

There are a lot of interesting questions for John Comer, and I will get back to him in the next week. For now, we are busy on the Game Developer Session in Prague, so stay tuned.

Please feel free to ask questions to our programmer Jan Milík

Hey as a fellow fan of the Jimquisiton I’m curious about how many topics you agree with Jim on and what those topics specifically are.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I don’t know what you think but it’ll be nice if there is a Weekly Torch about the composer/music.

Best regards
Duke Len von Geist :wink:

@AdamJ

Is there some general software for implementing music into games?

I’am asking because I study film music and will have a video game music project in Summer 2018.

Best regards,
Duke Len von Geist :wink:

Hi Jan,

a few tools that helped to make it possible to have several tens of millions of vegetation in the game

Can you describe the tools a little?
Will the vegetation be destroyable?

how do you make vegetation destroyable? you mean like smooshing them under tour foot or tearing them from their roots? and what would that add to the game?

Fire can do

1 Like

Or something like an …axe…:blush:

You have horrible mentality guys… Everytime someoone shows you something nice, the first question usually is “Can I destroy it?” :smiley:
Thats why we can´t have nice things :smiley:

2 Likes